Favourite Clash Song?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jan 12, 2012
Janie Jones for me. This song sums up The Clash for me, full of energy, great sing a long choruses,and Mick Jones great backing vocals, I smile every time I hear it, even though that c**t from the Libertines tried to ruin it!!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
White man in Hammersmith Palais always been and always will be my fave.
My sister was at school with Joe Strummer by the way!!!! John Denham as he was called then.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Saw them on Hastings Pier in 78 ....
yeah I was there as well. Saw the night before at the Brighton Centre. It was '78. The "sort it out" tour. Went backstage on the pier. Still remember the feeling of awe when stood with the great man and being dumbstruck when face to face with Ari Up!

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
Oh the memories...saw them over 15 times. The first time at The Electric Ballroom it was like being in a wind tunnel of pure energy. Shamefully I also saw them after the Mick Jones kicking out incident as well. Anyway favourite tracks, for me "White Man in Hammersmith Palais". One of the endearing things is that both Sons love em too, eldest @senormair fave track is "Train in Vain" and youngest [MENTION=4990]master[/MENTION]mair is "Safe European Home.

They both make me feel very very old.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
First saw them at Crawley Leisure Centre in 78 with the coventry automatics (later to be the specials) supporting, and jimmy pursey doing the vocals on white riot.

Hammersmith Palais for me always!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports