Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Favourite Bond moment?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Anyone read view to a kill?

Hollywood made it a bit slapstick with roger Moore at his hammiest, but the book was all about bond being sent to Berlin to kill a KGB agent who was playing in a orchestra and him having to put aside his feelings to kill her. A very dark version of bond that as in most of the books is a very different animal than the films. You only live twice film only Pays homage to the book by being based off Japan.

That sounds like the plot to The Living Daylights?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Anyone read view to a kill?

Hollywood made it a bit slapstick with roger Moore at his hammiest, but the book was all about bond being sent to Berlin to kill a KGB agent who was playing in a orchestra and him having to put aside his feelings to kill her. A very dark version of bond that as in most of the books is a very different animal than the films. You only live twice film only Pays homage to the book by being based off Japan.

By starting with Dr No, the films made it impossible to keep the continuity established in the books - Bond being sent to Jamaica in Dr No as an easy job to help him recover from being poisoned by Rosa Klebb, him losing his memory at the end of You Only Live Twice and being brainwashed and sent back to London to kill M. And shacking up back in London with Tiffany Case after Diamonds Are Forever - a dreadful movie but one of the best of the books.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Roger Moore ‘skiing’ with the most ridiculous green screen behind him. Can’t remember which film.

Roger Moore as James Bond was a quite brilliant skier in 3 films:

The Spy Who Loved Me. (After shagging one, he outskies loads of other KBG agents, then jumps of a cliff.)

For Your Eyes Only: (He outskies an East German champion cross country skier and other baddies - not even an eastern bloc drugs cheat is a better skier than him.)

A View To A Kill: (Despite being in his late 50's he outskies loads of Russians, takes out a helicopter and then gets to drink vodka and shag some blonde for 5 days on a boat to Alaska afterwards.)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This thread is going to go full-blown PARTRIDGE at some point.

"STOP GETTING BOND WRONG"

When the shark came into that pool and Bond hid whilst the best Bond villain of all (Robert Shaw) got bitten across his waist.

Best Bond Villians anyone ?

Fanny Galore was the prettiest

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
By starting with Dr No, the films made it impossible to keep the continuity established in the books - Bond being sent to Jamaica in Dr No as an easy job to help him recover from being poisoned by Rosa Klebb, him losing his memory at the end of You Only Live Twice and being brainwashed and sent back to London to kill M. And shacking up back in London with Tiffany Case after Diamonds Are Forever - a dreadful movie but one of the best of the books.

They didnt have much of a choice though. Dr No is one of the stories Fleming wrote intended for TV (CBS wanted a 32 episode Bond show in the late 50s), meaning it was easier/cheaper to adapt than some of the other stories. As we know, Thunderball (also written with Flemings movie dreams in mind) was the intended first movie, but Fleming unwisely had sold the rights to that book to Kevin McClory.

Personally I think the Bond series lack of continuity and character progression was perfectly fine and always done in a non-annoying manner... until recently. The semi "restart" with Craig as some kind of "inexperienced Bond" makes it all a bit ****ed up and I would have preferred if they would have solved the "ok so all Brosnan Bond movies are essentially Die Hard/random action movie clones" just through the films themselves rather than the storyline.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
My favourite is actually a line from Roger Moore as James Bond - for me he had more natural charm & humour although for a Scot I admit Connery had more than most .

You are very suspicious Mr Bond ( said the girl )

Oh , I find I live longer that way ( Bond )

On a personal note , the bond films went seriously downhill after Timothy Dalton was in the role .

With Daniel Craig , it’s all fighting , no humour , no style , no charm and certainly no script to talk of .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Roger Moore as James Bond was a quite brilliant skier in 3 films:

The Spy Who Loved Me. (After shagging one, he outskies loads of other KBG agents, then jumps of a cliff.)

For Your Eyes Only: (He outskies an East German champion cross country skier and other baddies - not even an eastern bloc drugs cheat is a better skier than him.)

A View To A Kill: (Despite being in his late 50's he outskies loads of Russians, takes out a helicopter and then gets to drink vodka and shag some blonde for 5 days on a boat to Alaska afterwards.)

Went on a ski trip with my school to Chateau Deux in Switzerland and shared the slopes with Roger Moore, he was a good skier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here