westy

Jul 25, 2003
THE STONE ROSES, Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins

Last edited:

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
The Ordinary Boys.

Before you bite my arm off I have been a fan since the VERY beginning before all this Big Brother bollocks. Seriously Over The Counter Culture in particular is one of the Best British albums ever and Brassbound is also top notch.

Other bands I really like: The Jam, The Specials, The Ramones, Oasis, The Libertines, The Cribs, The Clash & Madness (earlier stuff especially).

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
If its based over the last 10 years or so then I would say Belle and Sebastian, or even Ash.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
I do love Smog.
Dress Sexy At My Funeral always echoes in my despair with a wink and glimmer of mirth.

f*** me, first I read of Silver Jews and now this

do you need a brother?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
PINK FLOYD :bowdown:

But I'ld also say Beck at the moment (not sure if it counts as a Band though?)

Trufflehound said:

Good call on Question of Degree. Wire were also superb...

They were DIRE live though. I saw them after the brilliant '154' LP was released, and they pranced around chanting wearing paper hats, then did '12XU' at the end to placate the punks who were howling for it for most of the gig.
That gig was even released as a live album with 'Document and Eyewitness'. I just wanted my time and money back.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
NMH said:
They were DIRE live though. I saw them after the brilliant '154' LP was released, and they pranced around chanting wearing paper hats, then did '12XU' at the end to placate the punks who were howling for it for most of the gig.
That gig was even released as a live album with 'Document and Eyewitness'. I just wanted my time and money back.

I never saw them live, but was aware they had a tendency to keep audiences guessing. Like when touring after Pink Flag came out, the live set consisted mainly of them demoing new material for Chairs Missing, and when Chairs Missing came out they were trying out stuff for 154. I guess they had a short attention span...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here