Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Aussie A League team

Exiled in Indooroopilly

I found this spoon sir
Feb 12, 2009
Brisbane Roar for me. The Suncorp Stadium is quality (now they do know how to serve up beer without queues to a 30 000 + crowd although that tends to be for the rugby rather than the football) even if the skill level sometimes isn't. 8ace was LUCKY enough to watch a game against Perth Glory with Robbie Fowler making an overweight cameo.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Sounds like things have moved on since the days when Australian Football teams were divided down 'ethnic' lines. Always use to be tasty when a team with a Serbian following played a team with a Croatian following.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If ever they're formed ,and get in it,Darwin Doodlebugs will be my team,or the Palmerston Planks.

Last edited:

Blackxz12

Apr 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
"victory the brave" and it is another awful abomination carried over from AFL.

We (the fans) can't stand it either. Only the families and that enjoy it, because its a song to sing along to that sounds cheery and whatnot. However, just a plastic gimmick.

A lot of us do find the name Victory quite plastic too, however it has grown on many of us. It also ties in with us being the capital city of the state of Victoria (for those who aren't familiar with Aussie geography). So Victory-Victoria, etc.

We have come a long way from the start of the league back in 2005, and as others have mentioned- the standard of football is improving.

Last edited:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
We (the fans) can't stand it either. Only the families and that enjoy it, because its a song to sing along to that sounds cheery and whatnot. However, just a plastic gimmick.

A lot of us do find the name Victory quite plastic too, however it has grown on many of us. It also ties in with us being the capital city of the state of Victoria (for those who aren't familiar with Aussie geography). So Victory-Victoria, etc.

We have come a long way from the start of the league back in 2005, and as others have mentioned- the standard of football is improving.

The standard is definitely improving. Brisbane Roar's style of football last season was brilliant, the only problem is holding onto decent players. (Mckay, Barbarouses, Oar)

Blackxz12

Apr 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
The standard is definitely improving. Brisbane Roar's style of football last season was brilliant, the only problem is holding onto decent players. (Mckay, Barbarouses, Oar)

Brisbane are definitely the benchmark at the moment. Everyone else is just trying to catch up- including us :p

Blackxz12

Apr 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
And Perth Glory :D Second half of our season has been brilliant!

I have a soft spot for the Glory... have been happy to see them pushing through the finals. However, don't find their playing style very entertaining. I do like their club culture though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here