Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Favourite Albion Hat Tricks

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Gordon Smith at Coventry 1980

This one all day long.
3-0 down and about 20 mins to go or something like that. I remember it being a sparse crowd and hardly any Albion, and when the equaliser went it scenes from the Albion faithful and disbelief from the home lot.
what a joyous memory.

One of my fav away games of all time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I missed the first 25 mins due to traffic, but still managed to see all 7 goals. Remember it being a freezing cold day with snow on the ground. 4 goals from Murray warmed the cockles.

Monday, 28 December 2009

Npower League One

Home Team Score Away Team Time
Wycombe 2-5 Brighton FT
(HT 2-1)
Pittman 27
Mousinho 40

Murray 36
Forster 49
Murray 56
Murray 70
Murray 80

That's a great shout.

Did 2 Wycombe aways around then (the 5-2 and a 4-4). Both were fantastic matches.

I'd have to go Murray in the tonking of Norwich though. What a fantastic day that was.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Connolly's tonight.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
3 million miles

Jack Smith and Bill Cassidy hitting two, and Charlie Livesey bagging a hat-trick. 10-1

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Malcolm Poskett at the Valley

Sort of made up for being stuck on a charter train somewhere in Northamptonshire and not getting to the Forest 3-1 league cup defeat. The club offered free travel and entry to the Valley for those unfortunates on the train.

Weird sort of day with a fair number of West Ham in the ground. Couldn’t believe the scale of that terrace at the valley.

Great memories.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Brian wade, i remeber Codber unselfishly passing fir wades 3, he then went on amd score another

boik

Sort of made up for being stuck on a charter train somewhere in Northamptonshire and not getting to the Forest 3-1 league cup defeat. The club offered free travel and entry to the Valley for those unfortunates on the train.

Weird sort of day with a fair number of West Ham in the ground. Couldn’t believe the scale of that terrace at the valley.

Great memories.

That was the day of snowball fights on the huge terrace wasn't it? I was never convinced by Poskett, but he turned it on that day.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
That was the day of snowball fights on the huge terrace wasn't it? I was never convinced by Poskett, but he turned it on that day.

Rings a bell. My donkey jacket didn’t quite keep the cold out!

Poskett was a great finisher. Nothing fancy about his style and was underrated by many in my opinion.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

Great memories.

Great shout,did he bag another one down at Eastville too?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Brian Wade against Newcastle

Certainly the most memorable - as I being a student in Bristol relied on the match highlights that were to be shown on ITV, "Coming up next Brighton vs Newcastle but first we switch to ITN for a newsflash...cue live pictures from Baghdad as booms and missiles heralded the start of Gulf War 1...never ever got to see those goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here