Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favorite Old Skool Cartoons?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Nice thread. Got me thinking last night about some of the weird Scandinavian and Eastern European drug-crazed stop motion that used to be shown on TV for kids in the 60's and 70's. It was always about people walking in forests or going into caves and involved elves and witches. All very dark. Can anyone remember any of the names? I recall they were shown on Sunday afternoons (But I may be wrong). Anyone know?

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Battle of the Planets

Jamie and his Magic Torch

Batfink

Sport Billy

You don't see much of the Looney Tunes these days and you can't beat a bit of Tom & Jerry

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Good calls on D&D and Batfink!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Nice thread. Got me thinking last night about some of the weird Scandinavian and Eastern European drug-crazed stop motion that used to be shown on TV for kids in the 60's and 70's. It was always about people walking in forests or going into caves and involved elves and witches. All very dark. Can anyone remember any of the names? I recall they were shown on Sunday afternoons (But I may be wrong). Anyone know?

Doesnt ring any bells. I have a similar problem, I saw something when I was young and it was a story involving a boy and a girl who are walking (maybe in a forest) and they fall down some kind of hole (I think they have a swirly "bill and ted" like journey) and then they are at the bottom of a tree. They walk across some fields and at some point there is a pirate ship and (I guess) some pirates. I have been trying to remember this for years and have never been able to remember it or figure it out online.

Anyone know it?

rozersmeth

Nov 4, 2011
Following are my favorite old school cartoon like: Samurai Jack, Inspector Gadget, Santa’s Little Helper, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, Dungeon & Dragons and Pluto.

jaysmeth

Banned
Nov 22, 2011
My favorite old school cartoon are: Tom and Jerry, Spongebob Squareants, Samurai Jack, The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest, Shin Chan, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and The Transformers.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

The Magic Roundabout? Endlessly diag-nosed for drugs references. Especially from "Dylan".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here