Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fatality at Lancing Station

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Did anyone hear about the death on the track at Lancing today?

Apparently a South West Train was heading east towards Brighton and hit a person at 70mph, killing them instantly.

I've heard two bits of info. One that it was a railway worker, and the other it was a chav that was killed.

Trains have been (and still are) subject to delays and cancellations.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
They were delayed at Horsham.

Due to a staff shortage though. Was very irritating that two employees were on the platform to inform us of this staff shortage.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
did see all the trains at lancing station had stipped running from the bridge about 100 yards away could not make out what the problem was?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
fatboy said:
They were delayed at Horsham.

Due to a staff shortage though. Was very irritating that two employees were on the platform to inform us of this staff shortage.

:lolol:

any more news on the fatality?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Any association with school holidays and the fatal attraction that railways have for kids?

May 29, 2004
Lancing
From what I've just been told, as I have been working in the Brighton area all day and we live on the railway line (not literally!), due to an arguement/disturbance of some kind in Lancing town centre a youth was pushed into the path of the express service to Brighton. Very coincidental after a similar incident at Crawley Station last week when the victim hit the live track and survived to escape his attacker!

What is this world coming to?

:angel:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
007 said:
From what I've just been told, as I have been working in the Brighton area all day and we live on the railway line (not literally!), due to an arguement/disturbance of some kind in Lancing town centre a youth was pushed into the path of the express service to Brighton. Very coincidental after a similar incident at Crawley Station last week when the victim hit the live track and survived to escape his attacker!

What is this world coming to?

:angel:

His attackers mate proceeded to jump onto the track after him and nick his camcorder.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Uncle C said:
Any association with school holidays and the fatal attraction that railways have for kids?

remember those school safety videos back in the late 80's? Two kids with Parker jackets sneaking through a chainlink fence and one got electrocuted. DONT CROSS THE TRACKS i think it was called, made amsuement when watching Ghostbusters and the Dont cross the beams!

Still RIP to whom ever died in this incident.

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
NMH said:
Drivers often quit the job when someone jumps in front of their train.

If it's a murder though, it's very nasty and someone's got to do some serious jail-time for it.

yes, i know the drivers normally quit. A friend of the family was a train driver, and someone jumped in front of his train........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here