NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's back (for now)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It’s just so strange. This is a guy who failed outright at Chelsea. He then failed outright at Everton. He has been a failure in management, and yet somehow out of all the candidates in the world, he’s the guy they choose to manage their £600m+ squad.

I know it’s only temporary, but the mind absolutely boggles at this decision. It’s classic pandering. The fans hated Potter? Quick, get an ex-player who the fans like!

Boehly doesn’t have a clue what he is doing. Not a scooby.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
#Pray for Sol Campbell

Whatever next, the 'great' white golden boy Gerrard in at Liverpool replacing Klopp, or being rehired by Rangers?

:moo:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It’s just so strange. This is a guy who failed outright at Chelsea. He then failed outright at Everton. He has been a failure in management, and yet somehow out of all the candidates in the world, he’s the guy they choose to manage their £600m+ squad.

I know it’s only temporary, but the mind absolutely boggles at this decision. It’s classic pandering. The fans hated Potter? Quick, get an ex-player who the fans like!

Imagine that decision being made in any other walk of life

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Really pleased with this appointment from our perspective. They have a squad capable of winning most of their remaining fixtures if the right manager can organise and inspire. Frank is not that man. Rumoured to have had half a dozen favourites the last time he was at Chelsea and shunned the players he couldn’t deal with (over 23’s in general).

We have more of a chance at Stamford Bridge with Frank rather than Potter or Bruno imo.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I actually think this is a really sensible appointment. He's likely to get the best out of people like Mount and will have the instant support of the fans. He's probably very aware of his own limitations now and will be desperate to prove people wrong so expect James and Chilwell as WBs every game from here, CM of Enzo and Kante, probably a back three of Chalobah, Fofana and Badashile. Sterling and Gallagher to feature more. Wouldn't be surprised if they win almost all of their games here on out- it's a ludicrous team.
Have they announced what's happening with Bruno et al?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I actually think this is a really sensible appointment. He's likely to get the best out of people like Mount and will have the instant support of the fans. He's probably very aware of his own limitations now and will be desperate to prove people wrong so expect James and Chilwell as WBs every game from here, CM of Enzo and Kante, probably a back three of Chalobah, Fofana and Badashile. Sterling and Gallagher to feature more. Wouldn't be surprised if they win almost all of their games here on out- it's a ludicrous team.
Have they announced what's happening with Bruno et al?

That's kind of what I was thinking too. A master tactician he is not, but does he need to be?

Rally the troops, pick a consistent first 11 and they'll win a few games.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I have sent my CV in to Todd. Have a bit of experience playing football with the kids over the park and have opinions on how games should be managed (opinions always formed after reading match reports in the paper the day after).
So maybe a little over qualified.

The way I figure is that if I can get offered a couple of million a year then with it taking 6 months for Todd to work out that I am shit I will have enough to retire (would expect a £2m pay off). Will be an amusing 6 months too, seeing all those rather cross Chelsea fans.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
That's kind of what I was thinking too. A master tactician he is not, but does he need to be?

Rally the troops, pick a consistent first 11 and they'll win a few games.
Yup. No need to do much more than motivate. All the players, especially the youth products, will feel like they have a lot to prove. Get the fans going, keep it simple. We will see.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What will help us is our game is sandwiched between the CL games. Them being the only games of any relevance to this season and in reality next as they need against the odds to win it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes, but have you considered that EES CHEWSEE FROO AN FROO AND EE NOS THE CLUB?
Rumours are that John Terry was getting into this suit and dusting off his tactics board the moment GPott got the boot... :lolol:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Would be delightful to take them apart in a few weeks to prove it wasn’t just potters fault that their a shitshow

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I don’t agree that he failed at Everton. The problems there go a lot deeper than the manager. Their fans understand these deeper structural issues and that Lampard and previous managers are just convenient scapegoats. Lampard’s biggest mistake was going there in the first place. He had no chance.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Haven’t seen it reported anywhere as to the impact on Bruno and Roberts, assuming they will be out of Fat Franks brining in his own team?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here