Fat Boy Slim ---gig

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Didnt some one die my misses was telling me?

Yes, and because of this some health and safety MORON has stopped it ever happening again. There were 250,000 people there and someone died. You would expect several people out of a crowd of 250,000 people to die, but it was just one person who got drunk and fell off a balcony.

btnred

Jan 24, 2010
Hopefully going to get 2 tickets for the Saturday night but need a hotel for me and the other half to stay in after. Have looked online and the cheapest I can find is Jurys Inn at £160 which is more than I wanted to pay for basically just a few hours kip. Does anyone know of somewhere cheap but ok to stay on a Saturday night around Brighton?
Get a b and b loads of good ones abou

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
I bought my ticket for Glastonwick today on the Saturday. Do you think Coombes Farm will be laying on an equivalent visual spectacle? I'm tempted to get a Friday night FBS ticket now, but I don't know if I can take 2 consecutive nights at my age. I needed 24 hours to recover from an anjuna night at the ministry of sound last weekend.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Wasn't that a few hours after the event, when the crowds had dispersed? I think someone died of a heart attack in the crowd, whilst the gig was on. Still as you said, not bad out of a crowd of 250,000.
I think you may be right. It's utter bollocks either way.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yes, and because of this some health and safety MORON has stopped it ever happening again. There were 250,000 people there and someone died. You would expect several people out of a crowd of 250,000 people to die, but it was just one person who got drunk and fell off a balcony.

I've seen these estimates of 250,000 before and really doubt it was crowd of that size. It was free so only an estimate and you only have to see how ridiculous some of the estimates that organisers give to crowd size at demos are to wonder at this figure (ie when they claim 100,000 turn up when in reality there are about 7,500).

I have been in a ticketed crowd of 120,000 to see Oasis at Knebworth and the area needed to accommodate it was huge, much bigger than Brighton seafront.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Hopefully going to get 2 tickets for the Saturday night but need a hotel for me and the other half to stay in after. Have looked online and the cheapest I can find is Jurys Inn at £160 which is more than I wanted to pay for basically just a few hours kip. Does anyone know of somewhere cheap but ok to stay on a Saturday night around Brighton?

Depends what your looking for but I think you can get a private room in the hostel near Casablanca near west st for about £25 a night each I'll check and post info when I get home I'm on bus at moment!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Anyone else not received their tickets yet? Getting a little concerned as my mate who ordered his 6 months after me has his. Is it all being organised by the Albion ticket office?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports