Fast forward to last day of the season.......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Speaking to a few mates at the pub, I was asked if you need to beat Stockport on last day of season, and that would keep you up, would you take that now?

I said a draw - absoultely. To win - f**k me that's a hard choice. Still 13 games to go.
So what does NSC think?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would definitely take a last day shenanigan as we would surely be on TV? But then we are very likely to lose money if we go down? There is not a great deal in TV rights and I am sure that, if the board play it right, we would sell tickets by the dozen if we were in the lower league, winning.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Of course. On current form we are more likely to be fighting Cheltenham for 23rd place...

Also if we had to win to definately be safe, that means a draw or loss could still keep us up so i'm pretty sure everyone would take that.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
If it went down to the last game and we needed the win to stay up, ironically against Jim Gannon, would it be a sell out.

Well it bloody well better be!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I would take that. Yes we're only 4 points or so behind, but bearing in mind we have still got to play MK Dons, Scunthorpe, Huddersfield and Walsall away, we will do to take it to the last day IMO.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
At this moment in time - yes I would. After all in recent weeks we've gone from being just above the relegation places to being one point from safety to being four points from safety. Currently it's hard to see where our next win's going to come from and at this rate as HseagullsH says on the last day of the season all we'll have to play for is to avoid the ignomy of coming bottom.

But I'm an optimist, and if we beat Southend I'll be expecting us to make a late charge for the play-offs!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Check with the BBC predictor.This game will mean nothing to either team,as Albion will be 18th,and Stockport 11th with no chance of promotion or relegation for either.

The BBC never lies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports