Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FAO PC Darren Balkham

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
So people come to Brighton and vandalise a mural the night before a match then (possibly different people) storm the turnstiles injuring two stewards and illegally let off pyrotechnics and it is the Police's fault?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Clearly not at old trafford. They had explosive sniffer dogs. We have old bill letting away fans run riot in our city, by pass train queue, pub to drink in pre match. Seriously if they were pipe bombs and not flares would you have same response? I think massive security breach tonight. The murial piece was tounge in cheek.

We have sniffer dogs at every game. Haven't you seen them before?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
So people come to Brighton and vandalise a mural the night before a match then (possibly different people) storm the turnstiles injuring two stewards and illegally let off pyrotechnics and it is the Police's fault?

I think the mural comment was bait. Happy nibbling.
The other issue is 100% OB's fault. Crap policing at the point of entry to the stadium, simple. Not even going to start on the firework display inside being ignored completely.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I’ve said it once & I will say it again.This game needs to take place during daylight hours.Preferably on a Sunday lunchtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a very nice bloke actually :)

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk
He may be a very nice bloke, I have only met him twice and both times he came across as an imbecile in a uniform.

That's not to say he used his uniform as some sort of power trip, he just came across as totally inept as a figure of authority.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
We have sniffer dogs at every game. Haven't you seen them before?

Not been in away end before at the amex. No sniffers in the north. Got told they hid the pyros inside the banner, there is already an investigation as to why not searched. Also Club just released a half harted statement. Too late. Imagine they were bombs, would you still back the police then? Highest disorder game and they messed up big time.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think the mural comment was bait. Happy nibbling.
The other issue is 100% OB's fault. Crap policing at the point of entry to the stadium, simple. Not even going to start on the firework display inside being ignored completely.

Stewards search people coming into the ground, not the Police. In fact it might not have even been our stewards as Palace brought some of their own.

I imagine the people responsible for the fireworks are going to find out exactly how much attention was being paid to their display in the next few days and weeks.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Clearly not at old trafford. They had explosive sniffer dogs. We have old bill letting away fans run riot in our city, by pass train queue, pub to drink in pre match. Seriously if they were pipe bombs and not flares would you have same response? I think massive security breach tonight. The murial piece was tounge in cheek.

There were sniffer dogs at the away end tonight maybe the unwashed smell was stronger than the pyrotechnics

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There needs to be a lot of banning orders issued at palace in the near future. The scum have no place at football.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Stewards search people coming into the ground, not the Police. In fact it might not have even been our stewards as Palace brought some of their own.

I imagine the people responsible for the fireworks are going to find out exactly how much attention was being paid to their display in the next few days and weeks.

Fair point about the stewards. From what I can gather in other threads, the pyros were possibly bought in by the tw*ts that jumped the turnstile and clobbered the stewards and that is where the OB should have stepped up?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Got searched and sniffed 3 times at weekend. I couldn't care as felt safe. Why can we not put up a 3 stage process for away fans? Least then wouldnt have people storming the gates after kick-off and not being searched? Sure Brighton OB have advised on this?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The "turn right and walk round the stadium " edict for WS and NS fans was not well thought through - there was a pinch point just prior to getting to the ramp to the coach park which was dangerous. Children, elderly etc etc. A much better option would (obviously) be to keep the away fans in. Not rocket science. We should know this stuff.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not been in away end before at the amex. No sniffers in the north. Got told they hid the pyros inside the banner, there is already an investigation as to why not searched. Also Club just released a half harted statement. Too late. Imagine they were bombs, would you still back the police then? Highest disorder game and they messed up big time.

I saw sniffer dogs outside the north for the Southampton game. One was for explosives & the other for drugs. I know that, because I stopped to talk to the handlers.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sorry to be a party pooper but I think the police and stewards here do a remarkable job by and large helping to create and maintain a family and community centric club which has long received plaudits from home and away fans alike.
Sadly there are those (and we have plenty as represented on here) who believe that a return to 1970's and 1980's era hooliganism is preferable. A few clubs in particular epitomise this and Palace with their club sponsored "ultras" are one of them.
Preplanned rushing if the gates or opening a fire exit to allow non ticket holding(and possibly pyrotechnic bearing) morons in is hard to counter without creating even more mayhem and possible injury. Secreting Chinese crackers in parts of your body not routinely closely searched is also far from difficult .
But mostly it's about a clash of ethos.
If people want to cause trouble they will and there is little to stop them if those they oppose seek to be fair and even handed.
Brand the thugs and don't target the police to blame for their behaviour.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I saw sniffer dogs outside the north for the Southampton game. One was for explosives & the other for drugs. I know that, because I stopped to talk to the handlers.

So where were they tonight? And if at north prob north towards west as none at north towards east. Im not arguing if should have dogs etc. High profile game have 3 lines of old bill and tickets ready That way the away end does not get charged. Make all the excuses you want brighton old bill tonight let the fans down and themselves down.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Sorry to be a party pooper but I think the police and stewards here do a remarkable job by and large helping to create and maintain a family and community centric club which has long received plaudits from home and away fans alike.
Sadly there are those (and we have plenty as represented on here) who believe that a return to 1970's and 1980's era hooliganism is preferable. A few clubs in particular epitomise this and Palace with their club sponsored "ultras" are one of them.
Preplanned rushing if the gates or opening a fire exit to allow Ticketmaster (and possibly pyrotechnic bearing) non tickets please in is hard to counter without creating even more mayhem and possible injury. Secreting Chinese crackers in parts of your body not routinely closely searched is also far from difficult .
But mostly it's about a clash of ethos.
If people want to cause trouble they will and there is little to stop them if those they oppose seek to be fair and even handed.
Brand the thugs and don't target the police to blame for their behaviour.

Bollocks. 3 Stage checks and all will be fine. Also dont let there banners in. These were the ones containing the pyros and were not checked.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So where were they tonight? And if at north prob north towards west as none at north towards east. Im not arguing if should have dogs etc. High profile game have 3 lines of old bill and tickets ready That way the away end does not get charged. Make all the excuses you want brighton old bill tonight let the fans down and themselves down.

Making excuses? I'm just talking about actual facts. I've seen a post on Nsc tonight stating they saw sniffer dogs at the 1901 entrance.
I've seen complaints about stewards which were brought by Palace themselves, & complaints about Falmer station, which is BTP.
Besides Sussex police, there were Met officers too.

Let's get the right complaints about the right people & not lump them all together. Try to be more specific.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bollocks. 3 Stage checks and all will be fine. Also dont let there banners in. These were the ones containing the pyros and were not checked.

If that's your view on how attending a football match should be.......,

I prefer family friendly.

At least now that game is over perhaps we can enjoy taking partners and kids to watch football again and stop comparing the size of our cocks in public so to speak

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Making excuses? I'm just talking about actual facts. I've seen a post on Nsc tonight stating they saw sniffer dogs at the 1901 entrance.
I've seen complaints about stewards which were brought by Palace themselves, & complaints about Falmer station, which is BTP.
Besides Sussex police, there were Met officers too.

Let's get the right complaints about the right people & not lump them all together. Try to be more specific.

If these were bombs would you be saying the same. You are a cretin. Do not defend them. Sussex Old Bill have alot to answer for in the morning. I saw children running and screaming as thought bombs were going off in the stadium. What if they were. It's ok we tried our best?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
If that's your view on how attending a football match should be.......,

I prefer family friendly.

At least now that game is over perhaps we can enjoy taking partners and kids to watch football again and stop comparing the size of our cocks in public so to speak

Was tonight family friendly? I wish it was all the time. They were let loose tonight and took the piss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here