Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fantastic letter to The Sun

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
This poster sums up the 'open letter' imho...

This is an incredibly articulate article, which i have to say, in my honest opinion, is not at all about The Sun’s coverage of Fabrice Muamba.
The Daily Mail and the Telegraph ran with similar images so to attack the Sun or News Int. is quite frankly ridiculous.
This is nothing more than a weakly-veiled attack over the Hillsborough disaster coverage.
For the record, the coverage of the disaster was appalling and I am not a Man Utd fan trolling or looking to provoke a reaction, but i find your use of a young footballer’s fight for his life as a preface to attack The Sun over a completely separate issue as disgraceful.
Scores will disagree as is their right to do so – i will not quarrel with others who comment here in support of your article.
I will simply surmise by saying that there should be justice for the 96, and that your article makes my blood boil.
- Kev

Prof P

Sep 22, 2004
Actually, some of the football coverage is very succinct and good.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion etc etc but that's bollocks. The sun's sports coverage is shithouse. Granted there's pages and pages of it but its worthless drivel, full of 'England's Brave John Terry' this and 'Stevie Gee' that and the facile opinions of people like Ian Wright, god help us. Honestly, you get more football insite if you eaves drop in on a bunch of school kids chatting on a bus about last night's game. I'd rather read one page of sports journalism in the Times, Guardian, Telegraph, BBC online, the Mail even (and that wasn't easy to type) than '30 page of super smashing Prem Goals in your soaraway sun'.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I don't read the Sun because they're a bunch of morally reprehensible charlatans who incite hatred and ruin people's lives in what they tenuously call 'the public interest'. I knew this before the Leveson inquiry, but that forum means everyone should know it now.

Everyone is free to buy or read it, but if you do so then you are condoning who they are and what they have done. In short, buying/reading the Sun is a pretty scummy thing to do.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I stopped reading soon after they casually changed the subject to Hillsbrough as I knew exactly what was coming. Shame they had to drag Muamba into it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
These 'open letters'/threads about the Sun are getting really tedious. How long until the next one? What more is there to say?

I think the coverage of Muamba has been very respectful from everyone. In fact you could argue that it's a shame all these big-name writers who have said he is the wonderful face of football weren't saying it the week before he had a cardiac arrest.

But it's not exactly trail-blazing and brave is it, having a go at the Sun or the Mail to curry a bit of cheap support. More like shooting fish in a barrel.

This is clearly another Hillsborough article masquerading as a Muamba rant, a real cheap shot, and all the poorer for it.

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
Very proud of fact that I have never bought a copy of the Sun and never will. It just promotes bigotry and prejudice; picks on minorities unable to defend themselves and exploits human tragedies. Excellent for lighting the fire with though.

Coleman88

May 30, 2008
Blackpool
These 'open letters'/threads about the Sun are getting really tedious. How long until the next one? What more is there to say?

I think the coverage of Muamba has been very respectful from everyone. In fact you could argue that it's a shame all these big-name writers who have said he is the wonderful face of football weren't saying it the week before he had a cardiac arrest.

But it's not exactly trail-blazing and brave is it, having a go at the Sun or the Mail to curry a bit of cheap support. More like shooting fish in a barrel.

This is clearly another Hillsborough article masquerading as a Muamba rant, a real cheap shot, and all the poorer for it.

This

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I don't buy it and have only occasionally read it but any newspaper that's been around as long as the Sun can only survive if people continue to buy it and it seems that they do. Desparate rag that it seems to be, it is still only a reflection of a significant chunk of our society. They only do what they do because their customers want them to.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
remember there front page for when Marc Vivien Foe died?

any picture they could find and they went with

marc-vivien_foe.jpg

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
From your quote , it seems your perfect for the SCUM,you should carry on reading it,think you were a partnership made in the gutter

My "Partnership" is with any news source i care to read, the OP's crying and your bullshit has no traction so go and f***ing do one.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Very proud of fact that I have never bought a copy of the Sun and never will. It just promotes bigotry and prejudice; picks on minorities unable to defend themselves and exploits human tragedies. Excellent for lighting the fire with though.

Same... never bought a copy.

The Sun = :shit:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here