Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FANS United for Pompey

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They've got lots of Brighton photos on that page.

To be honest, my sympathy for them is a little thin. Ever since I have been following football (1990+), they have been lurching from one crisis to the next. I'm yet to see any sort of mass fan movement in all that time.

I am sure most outside of Fratton realised that they were being passed around, akin to After Eight mints, by a whole load of crooks ever since old Mandy took charge, but they didn't seem to bat an eyelid.

We even had a Pompey fans, on here, saying we will never match them. There will always be a buyer as they have passionate fans. A drum and a bell is not going to ensure a steady future.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Maybe we can organise a 'Go Blue' event at the Amex on 2nd January. [MENTION=2878]Woodchip[/MENTION], you in?

Last edited:

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
I recall Pompey fans being united with Sunderland fans having a little love in about our relegation the week before it happened in 2009, the whole of Fratten Park singing 'Cheer up Alan Shearer' amongst other stuff live on Sky Sports, in HD of course!

f*** 'em.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Is this the same Portsmouth that welched on their commitments to pay St John Ambulance then spunked out on two new players ?

Yeah, f*** 'em.

When they are at the bottom of league 2, with their ground stolen by an asset stripping crook, and staring at oblivion ask me again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this the same Portsmouth that welched on their commitments to pay St John Ambulance then spunked out on two new players ?

Yeah, f*** 'em.

When they are at the bottom of league 2, with their ground stolen by an asset stripping crook, and staring at oblivion ask me again.
Is the right answer.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Yeah, f*** 'em.

I've never felt so strongly about giving a big fat THIS

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
To be honest, my sympathy for them is a little thin. Ever since I have been following football (1990+), they have been lurching from one crisis to the next. I'm yet to see any sort of mass fan movement in all that time.

I am sure most outside of Fratton realised that they were being passed around, akin to After Eight mints, by a whole load of crooks ever since old Mandy took charge, but they didn't seem to bat an eyelid.

Your first point isn't strictly true. I remember some reasonably important fan protests when Gregory was chairman and before Mandaric bought the club.

However, ever since Mandaric took over, the fans have been far too unwilling to question how their recent "success" has come about. For that reason, they don't really deserve any sympathy.

Mind you, did Plymouth fans ever wonder how they could sustain a play-off push for the Championship on sub 10,000 gates?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey. I hope the Pompey fans who stood by me at the hartlepools game don't get to read this.

" thanks very much for supporting us in our hour of need...now f*** off and die"

Yeah, sounds about right

D

Deleted member 2719

Yeah, f*** 'em.

Nicely put.:thumbsup:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Can someone please summarise (in nice clear bullet points) why the feeling towards Pompey is different from that of Plymouth please... Is it just because they've had more success and not protested about it until now?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can someone please summarise (in nice clear bullet points) why the feeling towards Pompey is different from that of Plymouth please... Is it just because they've had more success and not protested about it until now?
No-one at Pompey questioned how their success was being paid for back then. Perhaps they should have done.

Bunch of crooks. f*** em.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I thought they were organising Fans Seperated?

4260929311.jpg

Metal wall will keep fans apart on derby day - East Hampshire - The News

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here