Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

greenarmy29

Sep 4, 2011
worthing
Well where do I start.... Being an Argyle supporter for over 30 years and living in sussex for the last near on 10 years I have always looked for Brightons results cursing at your climb up the table/s.....it wasn't that long ago we were above you ;) I remember 1997 well although i wasnt living down here then and never expected my club, one of the best run clubs in english football at one point, to be faced with possible/likely liquidation. I can't thank you guys enough it truly does bring a tear to my eye. I wish I could come to the Amex for the Leeds game, even if tickets were even possible to get these days, but unfortunately I am in South Africa for another 5 weeks so wont be back. No matter what happens with turnout or people involved in some way the media coverage really could help put pressure on the administrators running our club at the moment. Once again thankyou one and all for your efforts no matter how small.....greenarmy!!

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I live in Hassocks, if anyone has a spare seat I am happy to jump in and pay my share of fuel. Please PM me if anyone can help out. I would also consider coach if any are going down.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Guys, what's happening here is both humbling and inspiring.

With my limited vocabulary, I'm struggling to find suitable words to express my gratitude to BHA fans for what is building up to be a truely memorable series of events over the coming weeks.

As you have never forgotten a young Richard Vaughans post, we will never forget your support, your actions and your determination to help in what has sadly become our hour of need, whatever the final outcome may be.

Thank you, from a distraught Pilgrim.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Well where do I start.... Being an Argyle supporter for over 30 years and living in sussex for the last near on 10 years I have always looked for Brightons results cursing at your climb up the table/s.....it wasn't that long ago we were above you ;) I remember 1997 well although i wasnt living down here then and never expected my club, one of the best run clubs in english football at one point, to be faced with possible/likely liquidation. I can't thank you guys enough it truly does bring a tear to my eye. I wish I could come to the Amex for the Leeds game, even if tickets were even possible to get these days, but unfortunately I am in South Africa for another 5 weeks so wont be back. No matter what happens with turnout or people involved in some way the media coverage really could help put pressure on the administrators running our club at the
moment. Once again thankyou one and all for your efforts no matter how small.....greenarmy!!

Do you know any PAFC supporters in the Sussex area who may have banners/scarfs etc that we could borrow for the go green game on the 23rd?

greenarmy29

Sep 4, 2011
worthing
Do you know any PAFC supporters in the Sussex area who may have banners/scarfs etc that we could borrow for the go green game on the 23rd?

I know there are a few, I will ask around on PASOTI. I will also get a friend of mine who is a BHA fan to go to mine and pick up any argyle related things he can. I know he reads this site all the time so Dave there is your job for the cause

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Guys, what's happening here is both humbling and inspiring.

With my limited vocabulary, I'm struggling to find suitable words to express my gratitude to BHA fans for what is building up to be a truely memorable series of events over the coming weeks.

As you have never forgotten a young Richard Vaughans post, we will never forget your support, your actions and your determination to help in what has sadly become our hour of need, whatever the final outcome may be.

Thank you, from a distraught Pilgrim.

Mate, we have been where you are. Football is many different things to many different people, but ultimately us fans are what it's all about as Richard Vaughan once showed us :thumbsup:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Now added to the Premier League and div one part of Footballforums.net (Already on Championship and Div 2 part of that site)

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Some questions:

A) RB, is Risdale really the villain of the piece here? There is a danger of Albion fans viewing this through the lens of what happened to our club in the 1990s, or seeing this as re-heated version of Fans United at the Goldstone, and actually missing what's different about the current situation. Viewing it as The Albion Troubles Mk II will put a lid on the scope and success of whatever we do.

B) Also, what are we trying to achieve with Fans Reunited? Is it primarily to show solidarity with Plymouth fans? If so, it's great to show solidarity with other fans, even wonderful. And we have to be clear that showing solidarity by itself is not going to save the club. if it's to create media awareness, what is it we want to do with that media awareness beyond getting a Sky Sports presenter to mention that Plymouth are in trouble?

C) How do we want the negotiations to pan out? Financial survival above all else or liquidation and a fresh start? Is there agreement amongst Plymouth fans. How can fans have an impact on what is decided in the negotiations?

All good points, thanks for pointing it out. It was a hastily written piece but if someone could amend or create a similar one that would be great. I've contacted a very good Bristol Rovers fan to tweet about this and am waiting for confirmation to post on rovers fan site. It does seem that Argyle fans are in different camps about whether to just let Risdale take over or a different consortium take over (a lot feel this is more preferable - as I would given the choice and Risdale's track record).

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Comments welcome, have tried to just provide basic facts and then have the links for more information.

I'm sure we're all aware of the plight of Plymouth Argyle, not just on the pitch but more importantly the off the pitch situation.

They are in real danger of them going into liquidation. This would then mean our friends down the road would no longer exist as a team. The knock on effect throughout the football pyramid would be immense. Their players have taken a 60% paycut to ensure the team can survive for another few weeks. We, the fans of the sport, need to show solidarity.

We need to rally the troops and take as many fans from different clubs as possible down there to get behind Argyle. Wear your colours and show them how much support they have from around the country.

Please, if you're registered on a different football forum, copy this into their forum. We need to raise awareness of what is going on and ensure it becomes a successful and productive day. Only a few years ago this club was in a stable condition and we should all remember that this could be YOUR club.

Saturday 24th September is Fans re-united day @ Home Park

PASOTI View topic - Fans Re-United-Support Is On Its Way[/QUOTE]

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
In the 'Said and Done' section of the Observer...

Pulling together

£230,000: Plymouth's wage bill for August. Administrators say 60% of September's wages will be deferred.

£228,626: fees accumulated by the administrators between March and the end of April – continuing since then at an average hourly rate of £267.54.

cdargonne

brighton seagirl
Mar 1, 2009
sussex
not sure if anyone else has seen this but their fans will be going on some new sports chat online tv to discuss their situation... show is on 9-11 but this will have a slot around 10:30pm apparently

sportstonightlive

claire :)

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
In the 'Said and Done' section of the Observer...

Pulling together

£230,000: Plymouth's wage bill for August. Administrators say 60% of September's wages will be deferred.

£228,626: fees accumulated by the administrators between March and the end of April – continuing since then at an average hourly rate of £267.54.

Jeez, the administrators are really milking them. Are PASOTI aware of those figures? It may be worth mentioning them over there in case they are unaware.

It seems to me that the administrators are the real issue here, more so than Healey and Risdale.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
not sure if anyone else has seen this but their fans will be going on some new sports chat online tv to discuss their situation... show is on 9-11 but this will have a slot around 10:30pm apparently

sportstonightlive

If they get on great work

bev.pafc

Sep 4, 2011
As a lifelong Argyle supporter, I am totally in despair as to what is happening with my club. But to all you football fans on this forum a HUGE thank you, I cannot put into words how what amazing you all are. You have restored my faith. THANK YOU ALL x

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Hey Green Army supporters, I know full well how you feel, I remember way back in 1997 when twatface Belotti sold our Goldstone Ground to pay off business debts and had no suitable replacement, which was just a groundshare with Gillingham. I was totally distraght that the club I love was going down the pan, it was terrible especially when ITV Merdian did an hours live debate show dedicated to the whole thing and seeing some people in the audience with tears in their eyes.

It makes me think of you guys and what you must be going though. A football club isn't just a team of 11 people passing a ball around trying to score more goals than their opponents, and then maybe lifting a cup at the end of it, of course that's a big part of it, but there is a lot more.

A football club is also a way of life, a team who hold a strong bond within each other which is reflected in the supporters. It's like a religion, an insitution and an important asset to a community. I don't want to see Plymouth Argyle, a football club of sheer dedication to the game do down like this, and I will support you guys and this club from going down the pan of liquidation.

As Paul Whitehouse said on the AVIVA advert............. "GREEN ARMY!!!".

Last edited:

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Jeez, the administrators are really milking them. Are PASOTI aware of those figures? It may be worth mentioning them over there in case they are unaware.

It seems to me that the administrators are the real issue here, more so than Healey and Risdale.

Yep, we are all too aware.

Guilfoyle (One of the Joint Administrators) is the real problem in my opinion. He seems hell bent on giving the Heaney consortium (Bishop International Limited (BIL) - a Gibraltar based company hidden behind nominee Directors and a veil of secrecy) all the time they need, at the expense of player, and non playing staff wages. The staff have signed deferral after deferral on their wages for most of the year. (The staff have quite rightly reached God like status amongst us fans for the dedication to their jobs, whilst not getting paid, hoping to keep Argyle alive)

Heaney has had problems getting the money together to buy the club/land. The plan is for BIL to buy the ground/surrounding land, and then sell the club to Ridsdale for £1. Who do you think appointed the Administrator for PAFC? Non other than Peter Ridsdale in his role as Acting Chairman of PAFC at the time.

So far the Heaney/Ridsdale/Guilfoyle tripartite has tried to lay the blame at the Football Leagues door, saying BIL will not complete until the transfer of the Golden Share is approved. The matter is further complicated by the fact that Heaney is already the Chairman of Truro City FC, thus there are duel interest issues.

BIL where identified as the preferred bidder by the Administrator back in May or June. Their bid was the best financially (apparently). There were, and still remain other bids on the table. However, the Administrator was locked into a legally binding Sale and Purchase agreement with BIL. This agreement had an extension clause in it, effectively giving BIL no deadline to complete the deal.

Further complications arise from Guilfoyles boss apparently getting sick and tired of the Administration dragging on, and he has threatened to pull the plug and liquidate on numerous occasions.

In my opinion, Guilfoyle is incompetent, is in bed with Ridsdale to ensure Ridsdale gets a club on the cheap and Heaney has no money, and never will have. Heaney already has a liquidated company behind him, and a CCJ upcoming I think.

In short, the BIL deal is just wrong ethically. There is a contigency bid ready to go if/when BIL fail. However, time is not on our side. If the BIL deal fails, we may not have the time to get the Contigency bid implemented.

I need a lie down now.

There is more to it than that, but them's the bare bones.

village greens

Sep 4, 2011

Firstly THANK YOU ALL YOU BHA FANS And I have no probs in echoing previous posts about being grateful so thank you again!!
Personally I accuse the administrator Mr Brendan Guilfoyle of fraud!! We all lie at least twice a day(Source Transactional analysis Berene and Stiener)and he has lied to us and at a meeting with the fans even admitted to lying saying to us he was told to by his lawyers(its my understanding that they act on YOUR instructions)
One can lie by withholding the truth which he has done Brendan Guilfoyle you have LIED to the fans the press and the public in my dictionary/thesaurus FRAUD leads me to deceitful which gives a description of being untruthful/insincere the administrator Brendan Guilfoyle you are guilty of both!! If you disagree I will happily see you in court to argue the toss
Thanks again Brighton you are my first ever second team:clap::clap:

KEEPING IT GREEN!!
NO NO NO TO HEANEY!!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Yep, we are all too aware.

Guilfoyle (One of the Joint Administrators) is the real problem in my opinion. He seems hell bent on giving the Heaney consortium (Bishop International Limited (BIL) - a Gibraltar based company hidden behind nominee Directors and a veil of secrecy) all the time they need, at the expense of player, and non playing staff wages. The staff have signed deferral after deferral on their wages for most of the year. (The staff have quite rightly reached God like status amongst us fans for the dedication to their jobs, whilst not getting paid, hoping to keep Argyle alive)

Heaney has had problems getting the money together to buy the club/land. The plan is for BIL to buy the ground/surrounding land, and then sell the club to Ridsdale for £1. Who do you think appointed the Administrator for PAFC? Non other than Peter Ridsdale in his role as Acting Chairman of PAFC at the time.

So far the Heaney/Ridsdale/Guilfoyle tripartite has tried to lay the blame at the Football Leagues door, saying BIL will not complete until the transfer of the Golden Share is approved. The matter is further complicated by the fact that Heaney is already the Chairman of Truro City FC, thus there are duel interest issues.

BIL where identified as the preferred bidder by the Administrator back in May or June. Their bid was the best financially (apparently). There were, and still remain other bids on the table. However, the Administrator was locked into a legally binding Sale and Purchase agreement with BIL. This agreement had an extension clause in it, effectively giving BIL no deadline to complete the deal.

Further complications arise from Guilfoyles boss apparently getting sick and tired of the Administration dragging on, and he has threatened to pull the plug and liquidate on numerous occasions.

In my opinion, Guilfoyle is incompetent, is in bed with Ridsdale to ensure Ridsdale gets a club on the cheap and Heaney has no money, and never will have. Heaney already has a liquidated company behind him, and a CCJ upcoming I think.

In short, the BIL deal is just wrong ethically. There is a contigency bid ready to go if/when BIL fail. However, time is not on our side. If the BIL deal fails, we may not have the time to get the Contigency bid implemented.

I need a lie down now.

There is more to it than that, but them's the bare bones.

Do you mind if I put that on Fans Reunited - Help Save Argyle Although I may need to edit it a little.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports