Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans of other clubs, laughing at our coming 2nd parade on social media

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Recent events must be very disorientating for Palace fans, life was so much simpler when Brighton were 92nd in the league, or homeless and getting 3,000 at Gillingham.

Then all of a sudden they have the team, the stadium, the manager, the owner, the board, a world-class training complex, got their 30,000 fans back, top-flight football, and a great base to kick on further.

It's no wonder they're struggling to cope, and resorting to tinpot jibes about 100,000 people turning up to hail the team's efforts.

Palace may still be 4/5 years ahead in development, but I don't think anyone, including them, seriously thinks it is going to stay that way.

Oct 25, 2003
let me guess what teams fans were involved in this

-Palace (shit season despite all their fans on here jerking off pre-season about how they were going to finish in the top 6)
-Middlesbrough (relegated and have stunk the premier league out all season)
-Reading (play offs)
-Sheffield Wednesday (play offs)
-Leeds (missed out on play offs)

am I close?

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
If you think that was the purpose of the party then you've missed the point made a dozen times on this thread. We were celebrating - together - the survival of the club we all love. The culmination of which is promotion to the top tier of football.

That decades of worry, pain, disappointment, anxiety (and a few cherries in the turd) which now feel like they are over. Promotion is a vindication of our faith, Tony's plan and sends a signal out to all clubs - things can get better.

We had a party - a big one - to vent our emotions. I won't apologise to anyone for the buses, the flags or the tears.

Agreed all that shite gone in the history books ,now a new dawn shame others don't understand especialy the scum up the road

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There are hundreds of clubs up and down the xountry that would love to swap places with us . There's 70 of them in the football league as a minimum and i suspect at least 3 in the premier league.

And that is the achievement

WhingForPresident;793827 0 said:
At least we can all agree that a 2nd place parade is better than a 7th place pitch invasion, right?
(1.54 onwards)
:lol:

Attachments

• READING V BURNLEY.jpg
    READING V BURNLEY.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 152

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Ignore the haters. Brighton getting promoted is something worth celebrating.

Fans of other teams were digging Spurs out for having a celebration commemorating the last ever game at the Lane after 118 years.

Bitter & twisted.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be fair the scenes would have been more mental if we had got 3 points from the last 3 games. Though I'm not going to complain about celebrating getting to the premier league after 34 years in the lower divisions and all the rest. Newcastle, Man UTD returning to the top flight is no big deal in comparison.

And Brighton is a city that likes a party for any reason.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was on Twitter the other day chatting with another Brighton fan about how amusing it has been watching Palace struggle this year. Lo and behold, a Palace fan popped up with the typical Billy Big B0ll0cks about how we'd struggle and get smashed every week and that we were all deluded to think otherwise. The other Albion fan and I told him that we were well aware of how difficult it would be and that not getting relegated and beating Palace at home would be a success in my eyes. Yet more baiting from the Palace fan about how Palace are established whereas it's new territory for us. Yep - I agreed with that completely and the reason why I've tried to enjoy as much of this season (Brighton's success, Palace's dismal performances) as possible. If we go down, we go down but we can at last say that we got to the top flight and in some style. I'm not going to let anything or anyone take away from us getting to the promised land.

Bloom, Knight, Samrah, Hart, Costa, Watts, Forty Note Fund, Fans Utd, Bassford, Whelch, everyone who wrote letters to Prescott or marched or went to Gillingham or Withdean...all of these have made it possible. Bloody proud of this club and what we've all achieved. I'm with Big Dave here. Nothing to be ashamed about celebrating our success against all the odds.

Oct 25, 2003
I was on Twitter the other day chatting with another Brighton fan about how amusing it has been watching Palace struggle this year. Lo and behold, a Palace fan popped up with the typical Billy Big B0ll0cks about how we'd struggle and get smashed every week and that we were all deluded to think otherwise. The other Albion fan and I told him that we were well aware of how difficult it would be and that not getting relegated and beating Palace at home would be a success in my eyes. Yet more baiting from the Palace fan about how Palace are established whereas it's new territory for us. Yep - I agreed with that completely and the reason why I've tried to enjoy as much of this season (Brighton's success, Palace's dismal performances) as possible. If we go down, we go down but we can at last say that we got to the top flight and in some style. I'm not going to let anything or anyone take away from us getting to the promised land.

Bloom, Knight, Samrah, Hart, Costa, Watts, Forty Note Fund, Fans Utd, Bassford, Whelch, everyone who wrote letters to Prescott or marched or went to Gillingham or Withdean...all of these have made it possible. Bloody proud of this club and what we've all achieved. I'm with Big Dave here. Nothing to be ashamed about celebrating our success against all the odds.

palace fans told us similar the season we were promoted to the championship- about how much we'd struggle etc.

we finished 7 places above them

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
palace fans told us similar the season we were promoted to the championship- about how much we'd struggle etc.

we finished 7 places above them

I think we did struggle that first season or at least the differences between the Championship and Lge 1 caught Poyet by surprise. Every team seemed so much bigger than ours and often our midfield led by Bridcutt got over-run and out-muscled. I don't think it's any coincidence that Bridcutt was so much better in the second season with the Hammond and Crofts alongside him.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Let them laugh who gives a monkies. It shows the community support the Albion has something most other clubs simply don't have.
In a nutshell those laughing don't understand our club and for that they are small minded and ignorant of the desire and passion the Albion and City has. Sod 'em.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I think most of the people being sarcastic are just jealous. Think about a street party in other cities:

Wednesday - Necking back tins of warm stellar before kicking the shit out of somebody because they had washed their hair and therefore you suspect they might be one of those homosexuals your mate Tezza was warning you about.

Palace - Necking back Red Stripe until a kid from one of the local estates robs you at knife point so him and his mandem can go and buy 4 chicken wings and chips for £1.99 from Tennessee Fried Chicken.

Leeds - Downing pints of bitter before going home, hitting your wife and touching yourself over away attendance averages for the last 10 seasons whilst mumbling about being champions of Europe.

Middlesbrough - Necking back pints of warm Tesco brand lager, before realising you live in the most grey, boring, depressing town in Britain, before going home and sharing a bath with your toaster.

That or it's a 16 year old from Devon who after a long hard day of being socially inept at college goes home, logs in to his twitter account called PogbaXdab and tries to think of a way he can gain retweets to impress equally pathetic teenagers from Clacton on Sea (MagicalMata) and Dublin (SimplySmxlling). Before deciding that for the 18th day in a row, the best thing to do is racially abuse someone or take the piss out of Hillsborough.

JEALOUSY

Oct 25, 2003
I think we did struggle that first season or at least the differences between the Championship and Lge 1 caught Poyet by surprise. Every team seemed so much bigger than ours and often our midfield led by Bridcutt got over-run and out-muscled. I don't think it's any coincidence that Bridcutt was so much better in the second season with the Hammond and Crofts alongside him.

but we were still comfortably mid table and even vaguely threatened to challenge for the play offs at points which was far off the relegation battle we were promised by the palace lot

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To put it into context, I know Man Utd fans who only care about winning the Europa League as a route to the Champions League, Newcastle would be a bacchanalian dystopia for weeks if we were to win the Europa League and if a Chelsea fan mocked us we'd string him up by his jellied eels. :thumbsup:

:lolol:

I would have gone to the parade, were I living locally, and had I had the time, but I don't and didn't. And I consoled myself by telling myself that we have won nothing, and that parades are intrinsically tin pot . . . . but I now regret not going. I'm so pleased those of you who did had the appropriate quasi religious experience, or a jolly drunken knees up (depending on your vintage and/or disposition). I'll have mine when we've won our first game next season - hopefully in August rather than December.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here