Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans leaving early, Waxxers, obviously.......

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wished I had left early - the trains were an absolute effin' disgrace today. Thank God I go on the coach normally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. The wait for the short trains at Falmer was a real eye opener. Blow doing that every week.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Feels like a confession box, this.

I'm happy to come clean and confess that we left around 86-87 minutes to miss the worst of the queueing in The Bridge car park. We were in Wagamama well before 5:30pm so it was clearly the right thing to do.

We left the East Stand after the final whistle... walked to Bridge car park... and drove straight out (apart from a short wait for pedestrians bimbling through the tunnel). I was amazed and delighted.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Wish i had left early, may have stopped me from having a rather sunburnt nose today.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Be interesting come the Forest game, if there are no trains then I suspect more might stay to the bitter end.

I wasn't there for this game but leaving early really is a pet hate of mine! If you support the team then show it by staying to the end, let the players see your true support by doing so!!!! We're getting a terrible reputation for being early leavers. What does that say to the players about us as supporters!!??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wasn't there for this game but leaving early really is a pet hate of mine! If you support the team then show it by staying to the end, let the players see your true support by doing so!!!! We're getting a terrible reputation for being early leavers. What does that say to the players about us as supporters!!??

Keen to get slurping noodles in my case. Hope this helps.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Are we? At most away games I go to, the home fans have quite a few that leave early, too.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody who went deserves Superfan bonus points, whatever time you left.

I couldn't be arsed frankly.

I think we need to establish a hierarchy. I hereby suggest the following, the 'Brovion Scale', to be applied to all matches.

Didn't go to the game - Armchair fan
Went to the game but left early as I have other things that are as important as football and I need to fit them all in - Fan (Class 2)
Went to the game and stayed to the end as it's disrespectful to leave early and sod the inconvenience - Fan (Class 1)
Went to the game, stayed to the end, brought loads of food and drink - Superfan
Got there early, bought loads of food and drink, stayed to the end then brought loads more food and drink - Uberfan
Got there early, bought loads of food and drink, stayed to the end then brought loads more food and drink, then went into the store and bought all the new kits - Mug punter.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I think we need to establish a hierarchy. I hereby suggest the following, the 'Brovion Scale', to be applied to all matches.

Didn't go to the game - Armchair fan
Went to the game but left early as I have other things that are as important as football and I need to fit them all in - Fan (Class 2)
Went to the game and stayed to the end as it's disrespectful to leave early and sod the inconvenience - Fan (Class 1)
Went to the game, stayed to the end, brought loads of food and drink - Superfan
Got there early, bought loads of food and drink, stayed to the end then brought loads more food and drink - Uberfan
Got there early, bought loads of food and drink, stayed to the end then brought loads more food and drink, then went into the store and bought all the new kits - Mug punter.

I think this has legs. Could be fine-tuned to recognise super-human endeavour to actually get to the Amex despite SASTA's best efforts?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I left my seat in WSL B block on about 80 minutes, excuse me excuse me etc etc.. A chap in a home shirt commented about how I must not be very loyal, I laughed it off, he continued. I then pointed out that this was a pre season friendly and maybe not that important, nope that was not good enough for him, he continued to point to people leaving early being a bad thing. I would sometimes agree, 1-0 down with 5 mins to play? You stay.

I informed him that forty years of supporting the Albion would suggest that I do have some degree of loyalty. His response was to offer me a fight! I walked up the stairs towards the exit laughing and offering the obligatory finger.

Gotta laugh I guess?

Was this in the front or second row by any chance?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
No, Row K.

I sat in front of some total wassock in the West at the play-off semi who offered an oldish couple out for telling his son (I assume) to sit down as he was basically stood up for the whole first half. His son was in the front row.

When I told him he was being a dickhead, he started with all the 'we got to away games, I've been a season ticket holder for 500 years' bollocks.

Thought it might be the same div.

The couple didn't return for the second half either. I shouldn't imagine they'll be in a hurry to come back.

EDIT: People wouldn't have been sat in their actual seats yesterday so all this post is a rather pointless and annoying anecdote. Apologies.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Tongue-in-cheek, shirley?

Maybe some fans want to spend some quality time with their wife and kids before the long working week ahead? :shrug:

I stayed until the end as the 6 year old son wanted to.

Also for me it was nice to just sit in the sunshine and watch some reasonable football. We never looked like scoring but it was still fun.

We popped to the shop after the game and were at the station by half 5. Then had to wait an age to get on a train and 5.56, walked from Lewes station to the car and then the 90 mile drive home on the M23, M25 and M3 all of which were crap. Got home at half 10.

Not saying I am a great fan - I am an idiot for not foreseeing the issues!

Was a good day out with the kid though and that's all that matters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sat in the East yesterday. Never heard such incessant opinionated moaning from the woman behind (who was clearly a STH)..........just a selection (and censored- even though being surrounded by kids didn't seem to curb her language) :

-stewards are completely out of order (they moved a few Lazio at the front that were stood up, to the back)
-the club are f****** s***. Stopping serving beer before kick off. It's f****** ridiculous.............(went on about this for AGES)
-f*****g typical. Changing shirts at half time just to try to make us buy the away shirt
-this game is so boring
-why are there so many subs ?

....etc etc. 90 minutes of it. Not a single positive thing. Think her other half deserves a medal.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Still think there would be a mutual benefit if people could be designated with a 'slot' to get on a bus rather than just queue for the first one they can get - all it would need is an online ordering system were people select 15 minute time slot, if you get 17:30 well there 30 mins for a beer or a coffee. might stop some of the people leaving early as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Still think there would be a mutual benefit if people could be designated with a 'slot' to get on a bus rather than just queue for the first one they can get - all it would need is an online ordering system were people select 15 minute time slot, if you get 17:30 well there 30 mins for a beer or a coffee. might stop some of the people leaving early as well.

???
What would be the incentive for people to go online and commit themselves to a time slot when they can leave ? Most people are naturally going to want to get on the earliest one possible. Are you suggesting everyone using the P&R effectively has to apply for a PASS to leave the stadium ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here