Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Fans Forum Tonight*** - 6.45PM, Amex Community Stadium

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Optimism is admirable as a general rule but if the "body language" comments are anything to go by Dunk'll be gone straight after the Fulham game.

Right now there are no decent CB's on the market to replace him with, and we are one CB short as it is. This would be the worst time to sell him. Bloom didn't want to give an impression either way, and that is what his body language said.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Nah, but he does post on here. @HKFC shot him down about it recently.

I recently had an exchange on here with @HKFC re 10-18 year old season ticket price banding.

Anyone paying even a modicum of attention to that exchange will have quickly concluded that I and the chap who spoke at the Forum on u18 prices are not the same person. However, in the interest of assisting the more intellectually challenged on here as well as avoiding any potential misunderstandings I've posted this in case anyone else gives a flying ****.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Here's a clip from tonight for those that missed it:

richard-keys-smash-it.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Optimism is admirable as a general rule but if the "body language" comments are anything to go by Dunk'll be gone straight after the Fulham game.

Tony Bloom is very uncomfortable in those situations so his body language has to be gauged with that consideration.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Tony Bloom is very uncomfortable in those situations so his body language has to be gauged with that consideration.

I'm no expert in these things, but aren't poker players supposed to be good at suppressing their body language?
I know Tony's got an incredible ability with figures and odds etc, but surely that's pretty useless to him at the table, if all the other players can tell whether Tony thinks he's won the hand or not..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm no expert in these things, but aren't poker players supposed to be good at suppressing their body language?
I know Tony's got an incredible ability with figures and odds etc, but surely that's pretty useless to him at the table, if all the other players can tell whether Tony thinks he's won the hand or not..

Sitting around a table playing cards is nothing like broadcasting on radio to thousands of fans, and being in a public situation. Tony isn't comfortable doing that.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It wasn't his body language that I was interested in - it was CH and PB's. CH turned to PB and widened his eyes slightly, while PB batted the question to TB and turned away, rather than facing him, as he did with later questions.

But what TB said is what we knew all along really - we would like him to stay but every player has a price. They just need to get his replacement in before he goes, if he goes.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Ive no idea if Dunk is going anywhere but if youre basing that assumption on last night then im perplexed.
Bloom gave the same straight bat answer he always gives when asked about player sales and he looked as uncomfortable for this question as he did for the others.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It wasn't his body language that I was interested in - it was CH and PB's. CH turned to PB and widened his eyes slightly, while PB batted the question to TB and turned away, rather than facing him, as he did with later questions.

But what TB said is what we knew all along really - we would like him to stay but every player has a price. They just need to get his replacement in before he goes, if he goes.

So basically the body language was that it's Tony's call whether any offer is accepted ( bar any release clause), which is what we would expect.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If we get a stupid offer for Dunk and / or that includes Premier League football or silly wages for him then he'll be off. You have to trust that the club understand this and that they have back up plans in place that include getting in a replacement, ideally first.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Does anyone know when either the transcript, or the audio version will become availble online? Thanks.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If we get a stupid offer for Dunk and / or that includes Premier League football or silly wages for him then he'll be off. You have to trust that the club understand this and that they have back up plans in place that include getting in a replacement, ideally first.

Yea, the club are knwon for getting their replacements in fast.

Ulloa
Buckley
Bridcutt
Barnes

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yea, the club are knwon for getting their replacements in fast.

Ulloa
Buckley
Bridcutt
Barnes

So you don't think they might have learnt their lesson by now? Those four were let go by Burke don't forget. Who's been let go himself.....

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
So you don't think they might have learnt their lesson by now? Those four were let go by Burke don't forget. Who's been let go himself.....

Burke failed to replace, I'd say as with all transfers Bloom let them go after advice from Burke et al. But Tony has the final say on ins and outs, it's his money.

I agree and HOPE that BHAFC have learnt by these transfers. I'd add Noone to that list.

I don't see the point of selling Dunk without first getting in other players. BHAFC know how much money they can get from Dunk, and that they can sell him easily. So go out and spend on some wingers and a replacement CB then sell Dunk to recoup the money.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Just dont see the point in selling our best players I agree they all have a price buts it not the £100m+ promotion bonanza.

Hear, hear. And that, for me, is the craziest thing about the club's policy. Holding on to our best players and getting promotion (with all its riches) should be the overriding aim.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

As much as I thought Burke was the wrong side of bloody useless, I do think that's a little harsh. Ulloa was always going to be difficult to keep hold of and the price we got was too good to turn down. Buckley and Bridcutt wanted to go and join Gus at Sunderland, the latter getting all fizzy-knickered when it looked like Brighton might dig their heels in. We got good money for them too and in Buckley's case he's also a bit of a sicknote. Barnes was the only one I'd say was a mistake in letting go for the sake of £5k a week but I say that in hindsight. It's never a science with these things.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ive no idea if Dunk is going anywhere but if youre basing that assumption on last night then im perplexed.
Bloom gave the same straight bat answer he always gives when asked about player sales and he looked as uncomfortable for this question as he did for the others.

Burke would not have made those decisions on his own. We still have the same 2 people at the top. Expect more poor decisions then you won't be disappointed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here