Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans' Forum follow-up on the season ticket sharing scheme

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The ticket sharing has been linked to Albion+ membership because Albion+ membership means a free position on the ST waiting list,

Is it automatic, or an opt-in? I can't remember.

(I mean, being added to the season ticket waiting list)

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
2016/17

League games on Monday-Friday: 20
Home: 13
Away 7

(I didn't count the two Easter fixtures)

He would’ve missed 12 games that season, not something he expected, or was expected to be the norm.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I have a season ticket holding friend who can’t make midweek evening games. .

Games ? This season there's only been one. - Chelsea which was rearranged at short notice for exceptional reasons .
Our 11 games so far have been Sat, Sat, Sun, Sat , Sat, Sat, Sat, Sat, Sun (Boxing Day), Fri, Tues, - our next three are Sat, Sat, Sat
Of course many of these have been either 530 or 8pm kick offs so difficult for some - especially kids. But we don't play a lot of midweek games unlike the Championship.
Save that for when we're in Europe...

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
We've already beaten Spurs, Liverpool, Everton and Man City just in the last 12 months. And drawn games v Arsenal, Chelsea (twice) and West Ham (twice)

Playing Spurs and beating them in the 4th round of the FA Cup will be a decent result of course but i think its fair to argue that a cup trip to Spurs in 2022 , when we play #teamslikeSpurs every other week and put them to the sword , is not quite the attraction for fans that it might have been in 2015 (when we played them in the League Cup) or 2010 (when we were in L1) or anytime pre 2010 to be honest.
And we have already played them a couple of times - with fans - at the new stadium as well so its hard to argue that its the first chance to see that either.

Beating them away in the cup would be bigger than beating them in the league. It’s still a big attraction, not what it once was, yes, but we still sold a lot of tickets in a short space of time before it even went to members with many season ticket holders holding back.

It would’ve sold out a lot quicker if fans were told we only had 5,700 tickets, probably in 2 days. Would that have been quick enough from them to take the 9,000? We’ll never know. They didn’t even use a tiered points system, suggesting they got it massively wrong when it came to the demand.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Beating Spurs in the FA Cup 4th Round when we are flying in the PL wouldn't even be in the Top 20 moments in our history.

And Tony Bloom had taken over by the time we played Villa & Stoke in the FA Cup. Much bigger draw when we were used to Carlisle, Hartlepool etc.....

Given that our home crowd was about 7,000 and our away crowd a lot smaller than now, there wasn’t much evidence to suggest we’d take the whole 6,000 but the club went and bought them anyway. Someone at the club mentioned that our average away attendance was considered when making the Tottenham decision, yet the only two games we haven’t properly sold out was Burnley and Everton.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It would’ve sold out a lot quicker if fans were told we only had 5,700 tickets, probably in 2 days. Would that have been quick enough from them to take the 9,000? We’ll never know. They didn’t even use a tiered points system, suggesting they got it massively wrong when it came to the demand.

Perhaps and agreed the communication meant that some fans believed it was guaranteed that we would have 9000 tickets. I was one of them. And i'm still looking for a pair !!.
But It wasn't sold out before it got to members. It was on sale to A+ members on the Monday morning and took 3 hours for members to sell out the remaining allocation.
Anyway i'm again just the messenger here. I listened to the club explain this in the forum at great length and i think they made a reasonable case as to why they plumped for 5700 not 9000 given a whole bunch of data points. Sounds like they do a LOT of number crunching /analytics when making these decisions. But i'm sure Jenny Gower and her team would want to hear your feedback - genuinely - so contact her via supporter.services@brightonandhovealbion.com

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Games ? This season there's only been one. - Chelsea which was rearranged at short notice for exceptional reasons .
Our 11 games so far have been Sat, Sat, Sun, Sat , Sat, Sat, Sat, Sat, Sun (Boxing Day), Fri, Tues, - our next three are Sat, Sat, Sat
Of course many of these have been either 530 or 8pm kick offs so difficult for some - especially kids. But we don't play a lot of midweek games unlike the Championship.
Save that for when we're in Europe...

Sorry, I meant he can’t also do 7:45pm/8:00pm games on Fridays or Saturdays either, so he’s missed 4 evening games this season, so far. He wants to share his ticket with a friend (as it’s already been paid for) but doesn’t want to pay extra, which is totally understandable. So, he’ll be giving his season ticket up, meaning I don’t have anyone to go with, so I might give mine up as well.

Now, if it was free to share for say, only evening games, that would be a good compromise. At the moment, to pay extra for games that one won’t be attending seems totally wrong to me.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Is it? I am not doubting this, I just can't see where in the ticket terms and conditions and where in the law it says this.

Just like Covid just used as an excuse to enforce by club. Not sure but maybe against law if it is in T & Cs that you cant share. Easy solution change T & Cs to what is in 1901 ones.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sorry, I meant he can’t also do 7:45pm/8:00pm games on Fridays or Saturdays either, so he’s missed 4 evening games this season, so far. He wants to share his ticket with a friend (as it’s already been paid for) but doesn’t want to pay extra, which is totally understandable. So, he’ll be giving his season ticket up, meaning I don’t have anyone to go with, so I might give mine up as well.

Now, if it was free to share for say, only evening games, that would be a good compromise. At the moment, to pay extra for games that one won’t be attending seems totally wrong to me.

Oh well. Sounds like selected match day tickets would make more sense for him !

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just like Covid just used as an excuse to enforce by club. Not sure but maybe against law if it is in T & Cs that you cant share. Easy solution change T & Cs to what is in 1901 ones.

So you want the flexibility and added benefits that 1901 membership offers but you want to pay ST prices? Okay.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Perhaps and agreed the communication meant that some fans believed it was guaranteed that we would have 9000 tickets. I was one of them. And i'm still looking for a pair !!.
But It wasn't sold out before it got to members. It was on sale to A+ members on the Monday morning and took 3 hours for members to sell out the remaining allocation.
Anyway i'm again just the messenger here. I listened to the club explain this in the forum at great length and i think they made a reasonable case as to why they plumped for 5700 not 9000 given a whole bunch of data points. Sounds like they do a LOT of number crunching /analytics when making these decisions. But i'm sure Jenny Gower and her team would want to hear your feedback - genuinely - so contact her via supporter.services@brightonandhovealbion.com

Ok, I must’ve forgot about the Monday morning. There was still many waiting for the upper tier to open though, it was assumed because of the communication. I was surprised how fast we’d sold the 5,700. I think many were and that added to the assumption that we’d get more tickets. Like I said, they would’ve sold a lot quicker if we knew the 9,000 hadn’t been taken.

I’m not 100% against not taking the 9,000, but if we had a thousand empty seats, it wouldn’t have been the end of the world, would it? Not my money, I know, but I think it would’ve been a positive rather than a negative and they didn’t seem to care about taking bigger allocations in the past (to games much further away when we had a much smaller average home attendance). Using our current away attendance as an excuse for not taking the 9,000 has irked me though, when we’ve sold out most games.

Good chat:thumbsup:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Oh well. Sounds like selected match day tickets would make more sense for him !

Yes, he might just do that, along with a couple of other thousand, possibly.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Seems like they don’t need to do that, as we are ‘allowed’ to share our tickets for free once a season. Some law that is.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Seems like they don’t need to do that, as we are ‘allowed’ to share our tickets for free once a season. Some law that is.

You’re missing the bit that makes it illegal to pass on a football ticket without the permission of the club.

The club never gave permission in the past to share a season ticket.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ok, I must’ve forgot about the Monday morning. There was still many waiting for the upper tier to open though, it was assumed because of the communication. I was surprised how fast we’d sold the 5,700. I think many were and that added to the assumption that we’d get more tickets. Like I said, they would’ve sold a lot quicker if we knew the 9,000 hadn’t been taken.

I’m not 100% against not taking the 9,000, but if we had a thousand empty seats, it wouldn’t have been the end of the world, would it? Not my money, I know, but I think it would’ve been a positive rather than a negative and they didn’t seem to care about taking bigger allocations in the past (to games much further away when we had a much smaller average home attendance). Using our current away attendance as an excuse for not taking the 9,000 has irked me though, when we’ve sold out most games.

Good chat:thumbsup:

1000 empty seats would be £25k loss to the club however, it could have been 2000 empty seats and all of a sudden it's £50k loss. That said, the club could have looked at it as a bonus game in which they get 45% of net revenue anyway. For argument's sake, roughly 60k x £25 x 45% = £675k although I know you need to take in to account VAT and expenses. Chuck in the £82k for beating WBA and another £90k for brushing Spuds aside. The club, assuming they didn't budget for winning rnd 3 means they are quids in.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
1000 empty seats would be £25k loss to the club however, it could have been 2000 empty seats and all of a sudden it's £50k loss. That said, the club could have looked at it as a bonus game in which they get 45% of net revenue anyway. For argument's sake, roughly 60k x £25 x 45% = £675k although I know you need to take in to account VAT and expenses. Chuck in the £82k for beating WBA and another £90k for brushing Spuds aside. The club, assuming they didn't budget for winning rnd 3 means they are quids in.
This is my point, adding this is the best season we have had in the PL since promotion we are going to Spurs with a genuine chance of winning. All this we don’t want to waste Tony’s money grinds on me, firstly it’s a Ltd company, it’s the companies money and secondly football clubs are vastly different to a run of the mill business. Success on the pitch and everyone is enthusiastic and wants to go to games, this Jenny character made a blunder end of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here