Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans acknowledgement on promotion - petition

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Demanding to be thanked for something we did because we wanted to is ridiculous. I like the idea of acknowledging the other clubs that got involved but for tme the successful continuation of the club is enough (not that i did a great deal compared to many).

Aside from that though a petition is surely a last resort when it comes to stuff like this, start with a letter to the club making suggestions and offering ideas. If you really feel strongly that nothing or not enough is being done then i suppose one might eventually resort to a petition.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Rob Ellison: I've learnt over time that the majority are not necessarily right.

This comment strikes me as somewhat at odds with the idea of a petition.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Looking on the bright side, memories of this excellent thread in NSC Gold came flooding back.

Well worth a read...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?37-quot-Please-stay-off-the-pitch-at-the-final-whistle

I couldn't remember the details of that game so looked it up and found a report. Stoke equalised in 93 minutes and then won it in extra time. Their winner was from a free kick awarded for an "innocuous" foul as the BBC called it and the defender was so angry he got sent off for protesting. The referee was Mike Dean. Some things don't change!

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest that a fan acknowledgement day is a splendid idea.
We'd have to stage it in a purpose built stadium however, one with some sort of catering facility and bars. We could all shout and sing and have a good time, and maybe we could put up a big screen showing a montage of our past history. Perhaps to get the players involved they could entertain us by playing football against some sort of pre- determined opposition. Of course, their supporters may want to watch too, which is fine but we'll stick them in the corner.
Now to finance all this we'll all have to cough up I'm afraid, but don't worry, I suggest a tiered pricing scheme, so perhaps those with a slightly inferior view would pay less. We'll organise a discount for families as well, and put them in their own area in case anyone gets too sweary. Perhaps, whilst the players are taking a rest, somebody with a microphone could interview a former player, but probably Alan Mullery. We'll produce a commemorative magazine, and to make sure every one is looked after, we'll employ a team of stewards.

If it goes well, we could do it every fortnight.

Now, who's with me?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest that a fan acknowledgement day is a splendid idea.
We'd have to stage it in a purpose built stadium however, one with some sort of catering facility and bars. We could all shout and sing and have a good time, and maybe we could put up a big screen showing a montage of our past history. Perhaps to get the players involved they could entertain us by playing football against some sort of pre- determined opposition. Of course, their supporters may want to watch too, which is fine but we'll stick them in the corner.
Now to finance all this we'll all have to cough up I'm afraid, but don't worry, I suggest a tiered pricing scheme, so perhaps those with a slightly inferior view would pay less. We'll organise a discount for families as well, and put them in their own area in case anyone gets too sweary. Perhaps, whilst the players are taking a rest, somebody with a microphone could interview a former player, but probably Alan Mullery. We'll produce a commemorative magazine, and to make sure every one is looked after, we'll employ a team of stewards.

If it goes well, we could do it every fortnight.

Now, who's with me?

I see you haven't organised any transport to or from the event.

Yep, could work.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've seen his name in some other groups, so I know what he's like. He's one of those people that it's really not worth arguing with (or trying to get your point across) because you KNOW it's a complete waste of time. Much like his petition that is very much NOT signed by "Brighton Supporters everywhere" as he claims.

Up to 70 now, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]...

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here