Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fan Zone

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It’s not sad at all. The Goldstone, when we had it and despite the happy memories, was a third division shit heap. Hardly any improvements had been made in the thirty years that I’d been watching the Albion there. Withdean is/was not a football ground and was always going to be a stop gap measure - a long twelve years admittedly.

I remember getting excited about seeing the new North stand roof at The Goldstone. Now that WAS an improvement :clap:

el punal

Had heard the Harvey's is being replaced by Skol and it's going to be £11 a pint, that's what Fred in the pub said, and he knows a stewards Wife who once cut Teddy Maybank's hair.

Ah! The delights of Skol. Back in the 1970s Mrs.Punal and I lived in London. One Saturday we decided to go to the theatre to watch ‘Donkey Years’ starring the wonderful Paul Eddington and Penelope Keith. As it happened we couldn’t see the early evening performance but managed to snaffle tickets for the later showing. With hours to kill we decided to hit the pub.

Oh dear. For whatever complete lack of mental awareness and good taste we plumped for the dreaded Skol. After downing about nine pints, Mrs.P slightly less, we staggered back to the theatre to watch the show. The first act was okay but the second and third acts passed by while I was in a drunken slumber and snoring. I woke up in time for the curtain call and glaring looks from those around us.

I swore that I’d never drink that battery acid again.

Now, THAT is a cool story bro! :drink:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just imagine opening this up for England or away games, watching Boxing?

Sounds good, but most boxing worth watching is on after 10pm, (and sometimes after 3am). England games, possibly, but again, quite a few evening kick offs in winter ...... what this place is really set up for in world cups and euros. Sun drenched, beer sodden world cup all dayers with lobster red middle aged men, gentle banter between rival fans, attention seeking beer throwing moments and buxom serving wenches.

(May have got a little carried away at the end there. To do with the isolation I think)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sounds good, but most boxing worth watching is on after 10pm, (and sometimes after 3am). England games, possibly, but again, quite a few evening kick offs in winter ...... what this place is really set up for in world cups and euros. Sun drenched, beer sodden world cup all dayers with lobster red middle aged men, gentle banter between rival fans, attention seeking beer throwing moments and buxom serving wenches.

(May have got a little carried away at the end there. To do with the isolation I think)

To be fair, if we could, I go there now and watch the indoor bowls World Cup if there were a group of us there, a burger and Harvey's!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here