Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fan expected to be banned for an "obscene gesture" that we've all done many times

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I really cannot believe this, its political correctness gone overboard again.
This sort of fan to opposing player banter has been going on for years.
Starting from the archetypal 'Chumley Warner' fan gesturing their annoyance to a players cut of his jib, to the modern day fan motioning to the fact of who's that **** in the black.
I cannot do with this doo good attitude, where people seem to think they're doing something for the good.
If you don't want to be offended, don't watch the effing thing.
Rant over :tosser:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I really cannot believe this, its political correctness gone overboard again.
This sort of fan to opposing player banter has been going on for years.
Starting from the archetypal 'Chumley Warner' fan gesturing their annoyance to a players cut of his jib, to the modern day fan motioning to the fact of who's that **** in the black.
I cannot do with this doo good attitude, where people seem to think they're doing something for the good.
If you don't want to be offended, don't watch the effing thing.
Rant over :tosser:

All of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely the answer is for all PL fans to use the gesture as a goal celebration so it would be difficult for the powers that be to edit it out!!!

This is assuming the gesture was the only thing the fan did and he was sharing out his drug supply!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is getting ridiculous now. We've had fans banned for throwing beer and being guilty by association and now this.

Capture.jpg

I truly despair at the complete lack of proportion clubs now exercise when considering what is behaviour bad enough to warrant a ban and I despise the kind of interfering busybody who pretends to takes offence and makes these vindictive, vexatious complaints. You're killing the game for everyone.

I'm going to be flicking Vs at Old Trafford on Saturday. I've waited for this moment for years. If I get banned for doing so then I'll wear it as a badge of honour.

A follow up story.

https://twitter.com/buckall/status/933064442337726468

[tweet]933064442337726468[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here