Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan Advisory Panel Meeting about Amex Atmosphere, Thursday

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In my work experience, I’d say the world of investment banking (full of public school chaps given the colossal nepotism that still exists) is way, way worse than any football terrace. Not much difference between NY and London, NY probably edges it for casual f***s being included in virtually any sentence (‘whose fvcking turn is it to get the fvcking coffee’). When I worked in Miami is was far less sweary……

As an aside, did you ever here of physical violence in that working world? I realise probably not in Back Office / compliance :lolol:

In 2014 I worked with a guy who’d recently left the macho world of City trading. He had got involved in a nasty spat at work one day on who’d earned the commission on a deal for a wealthy client. The guy I knew was very confrontational and rude … but with no self awareness (or empathy) … he didn’t have the physicality to match the rudeness.

When he left the office the following evening, a stranger walked up and smashed his face in, then ran off. A true story :eek:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In my work experience, I’d say the world of investment banking (full of public school chaps given the colossal nepotism that still exists) is way, way worse than any football terrace. Not much difference between NY and London, NY probably edges it for casual f***s being included in virtually any sentence (‘whose fvcking turn is it to get the fvcking coffee’). When I worked in Miami is was far less sweary……

In my line of work we are all very polite …I did curse a bit when I lost bits of two fingers ..but no one heard :whistle:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
17 pages and we still don’t know if any such meeting happened. Brilliant.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As an aside, did you ever here of physical violence in that working world? I realise probably not in Back Office / compliance :lolol:

In 2014 I worked with a guy who’d recently left the macho world of City trading. He had got involved in a nasty spat at work one day on who’d earned the commission on a deal for a wealthy client. The guy I knew was very confrontational and rude … but with no self awareness (or empathy) … he didn’t have the physicality to match the rudeness.

When he left the office the following evening, a stranger walked up and smashed his face in, then ran off. A true story :eek:

Seen an actual punch-up in the office (in Jersey). To youngish lads who’d been at each other for a while, and it all kicked off in the back office. They were in mid-fight when the senior manager happened to come into the room….he barely broke stride, simply bellowed ‘West, Davis - my office - NOOOOOOOOOOW’ :lolol:

My old COO (god rest his soul, got essentially murdered in Norwich a few years back on a night out) used to keep a baseball bat in his office and would pace around slapping it into his hand which used to intimidate some.

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
"All the pensioners"?

One. Who was complaining about the poor quality of the bantz, rather than the fact it was taking place.

Had you been at Man U, West Ham or Fulham you'd know that what you wrote is total and utter bollocks. But maybe your authentic old skool support only extends to large villages in the Cotswolds. What a hard man.

Ooooooo insults! ... Go back to bed grandpa

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Seen an actual punch-up in the office (in Jersey). To youngish lads who’d been at each other for a while, and it all kicked off in the back office. They were in mid-fight when the senior manager happened to come into the room….he barely broke stride, simply bellowed ‘West, Davis - my office - NOOOOOOOOOOW’ :lolol:

My old COO (got rest his soul, got essentially murdered in Norwich a few years back on a night out) used to keep a baseball bat in his office and would pace around slapping it into his hand which used to intimidate some.

You ever come across (not like that!) Pun Pandya or Ben Chuk? Pun is working class North London, has worked for decades in NYC and Miami, Ben an Eton toff with plums in his mouth, formerly NYC, both ex Dresdner Kleinwort and variations of, both top guys.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You ever come across (not like that!) Pun Pandya or Ben Chuk? Pun is working class North London, has worked for decades in NYC and Miami, Ben an Eton toff with plums in his mouth, formerly NYC, both ex Dresdner Kleinwort and variations of, both top guys.

Vaguely heard of Pun, not Ben. Not sure why I recall the name but Pun was at Citibank at some point (after I left) so probably came up in conversation with ex colleagues at some point perhaps.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

My old COO (got rest his soul, got essentially murdered in Norwich a few years back on a night out) used to keep a baseball bat in his office and would pace around slapping it into his hand which used to intimidate some.

Crikey, I remember that case.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Shocking at the time. He was front and centre of everything that was going on in our division during a huge transitional phase - everything except front office/sales/relationship management was under his control. Bit of a bruiser when he wanted to be (very low tolerance levels for idiots) but a brilliant guy to work for.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/frank-mcgarahan-killing-of-a-good-samaritan-1701098.html

Did you work in the Canary Wharf building?

(It doesn’t help the family or you guys, but that should’ve been murder convictions. ‘Hit or miss’, other punches death cases in the UK resulted in murder convictions. It wasn’t a single punch brawl, gone wrong).

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
On the point of moving the away fans. Is the private seat licence still a thing?

I have no idea if anybody bought into this, but if they did, my understanding was that you owned the physical seat and location of it, whereas by just having a season ticket, you did not. It could also be passed on as an inheritance within the family on death.

I believe at the initial season ticket launch, it was sold as a way to prevent season tickets being inherited by families whilst the ST retained the name of the person who initially had it (probably now deceased) still on the ST details. I believe they reeled out examples at Anfield where they found they had a number of season ticket holders well into their 120's.

It was also suggested it could be traded on the stock exchange as an investable commodity.

Therefore if the club decided to move the away fans, and there were PSL's in that section, does that person have the legal right to stay put and find themselves now in the away end, or would the club have the legal right to move them?

This has conations of motorways being scrapped because of the discovery of a rare family of prehistoric frogs on the route of the proposed motorway.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did you work in the Canary Wharf building?

(It doesn’t help the family or you guys, but that should’ve been murder convictions. ‘Hit or miss’, other punches death cases in the UK resulted in murder convictions. It wasn’t a single punch brawl, gone wrong).

Yes - at Barclays, started in Royal Mint Court, then spent a few years in the PB in Grosvenor St Mayfair and then ended up in the Wharf. It was a sustained assault……I guess the manslaughter charge was ‘easier’.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Vaguely heard of Pun, not Ben. Not sure why I recall the name but Pun was at Citibank at some point (after I left) so probably came up in conversation with ex colleagues at some point perhaps.

Had a facepalm moment after my post, thinking it was a bit like being asked by Americans if you knew the Queen or David Bowie etc. Pun went through every reincarnation of Kleinwort Benson - Dresdner Bank, Dresdner-KB, KB et al, plus Citibank as you say. Anyway, apologies for derailing the thread!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
On the point of moving the away fans. Is the private seat licence still a thing?

I have no idea if anybody bought into this, but if they did, my understanding was that you owned the physical seat and location of it, whereas by just having a season ticket, you did not. It could also be passed on as an inheritance within the family on death.

I believe at the initial season ticket launch, it was sold as a way to prevent season tickets being inherited by families whilst the ST retained the name of the person who initially had it (probably now deceased) still on the ST details. I believe they reeled out examples at Anfield where they found they had a number of season ticket holders well into their 120's.

It was also suggested it could be traded on the stock exchange as an investable commodity.

Therefore if the club decided to move the away fans, and there were PSL's in that section, does that person have the legal right to stay put and find themselves now in the away end, or would the club have the legal right to move them?

This has conations of motorways being scrapped because of the discovery of a rare family of prehistoric frogs on the route of the proposed motorway.

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...ontent/documents/html/privateseatlicense.html

Yes it is. 8 for sale at the moment.

Never understood the value of these. Felt like a bit of a con.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely much of the blame must lie with those empty seats that make not a sound and contribute nothing to the atmosphere?

Surely there must be a simple, easy, straightforward workable way of filling them that the club just hasn'r cottoned on to yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here