[Albion] Fan advisory board

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Also mentioned on travel meeting was that covering walkways would be too expensive. Was just putting up cover for P&R discussed ?
Yes. And the expense was the same reason. It was discussed that to be effective how long would the cover have to be? all round the coach park? down the steps? down the road to the stadium?
They have looked at it, but cost is prohibitive.

They prefer to invest in the Fanzone which will be of benefit before and after matches.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Yes. And the expense was the same reason. It was discussed that to be effective how long would the cover have to be? all round the coach park? down the steps? down the road to the stadium?

They prefer to invest in the Fanzone which will be of benefit before and after matches.

I think that's a bit disingenuous. Not being a user of park and ride I can't really comment on where the "usual" queue is, but it's pretty obvious as a lapsed train user that a roof of sorts over the top of the bridge walkways, and along the side where the Brighton queue always is would make a huge difference when standing for up to an hour in a downpour.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
As a new-appointed member of the FAB, I will also be posting to take on the views of fans, sharing updates on our strategic development areas, and flagging discussion points for further improvements we can make to benefit match goers and the wider fanbase. We are hoping to work with NSC to develop a subforum that will help organise across different areas of concern for fans (Accessibility, the Women's Game, Travel, etc).

Case in point - we have just launched the BHAFC Fan Advisory Board 'X' account for those who are also present on that platform, you can follow us here:

https://x.com/FanBoardBHAFC?s=20

At the Fan Advisory Board's last meeting with Paul Barber we suggested there should be fan input into the makeup of the new Fanzone, regarding entertainment and general matchday experience. Now plans are in the public domain, we want to hear from everyone as to what they'd ideally like to see and experience as part of the new fanzone. Feel free to reply to this post here, contact us via X, or the Fan Advisory Board email address, which is FanAdvisoryBoard@brightonandhovealbion.com

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think that's a bit disingenuous. Not being a user of park and ride I can't really comment on where the "usual" queue is, but it's pretty obvious as a lapsed train user that a roof of sorts over the top of the bridge walkways, and along the side where the Brighton queue always is would make a huge difference when standing for up to an hour in a downpour.
Yes, I think that a rudimentary cover for the train queues would be an undoubted benefit, as would the addition of the fanzone. I don't know how much the cover would cost but am sure that compared to the total turnover of revenue, it would not amount to that much if it were built in stages, say. As one poster pointed out, football being as it is, we are not always going to attract crowds of over 30,000 (but hope we do!) and every incentive might be needed for me and doubtless many others to travel over for Wigan at home in a lower league on a wet November night!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
As a new-appointed member of the FAB, I will also be posting to take on the views of fans, sharing updates on our strategic development areas, and flagging discussion points for further improvements we can make to benefit match goers and the wider fanbase. We are hoping to work with NSC to develop a subforum that will help organise across different areas of concern for fans (Accessibility, the Women's Game, Travel, etc).

Case in point - we have just launched the BHAFC Fan Advisory Board 'X' account for those who are also present on that platform, you can follow us here:

https://x.com/FanBoardBHAFC?s=20

At the Fan Advisory Board's last meeting with Paul Barber we suggested there should be fan input into the makeup of the new Fanzone, regarding entertainment and general matchday experience. Now plans are in the public domain, we want to hear from everyone as to what they'd ideally like to see and experience as part of the new fanzone. Feel free to reply to this post here, contact us via X, or the Fan Advisory Board email address, which is FanAdvisoryBoard@brightonandhovealbion.com

I'd like 'efficient bar service' please - and I'll be holding the FAB personally resposonsible on every occasion I don't receive it.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Sorry, but I don't think it's the cost.

It's the fact that the fanzone will make money, keeping people dry with covered walkways won't.

Why would the coach park be covered?

It's the walkways to the station and the P&R queues that need covers.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

That surpises me. that it is too expensive. Starting at bottom of steps. Nothing substantial Just overhead cover to take worst of rain. New Fanzone will have a return but providing shelter doesnt

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Fan Advisory Board weekly update - November 6th

1. FAB update to be published in Sundays programme (Sheffield United)
2. Following PBOBE's Albion Unlimited Podcast, when he said he'd asked the FAB to go away and come back with ideas for the Fanzone, the FAB contacted the club to ask for the terms of reference for this project, so we can gather useful feedback from fans. The response was that we wait until the Planning Permission had been granted.
3. A date for the FAB to meet with Zoe Johnson (Managing Director Women & Girls) is being arranged to discuss issues affecting the Women’s game.
4. A sub group of FAB setting up the Disabled Supporters Association (DSA) making progress getting things in place, talking to Level Playing Field, and meeting with club arranged for early December.
5. X account set up. Follow us at https://twitter.com/FanBoardBHAFC
6. Gerry has made progress on webinar set up. More details tbc
7. Gerry has discussed with @Bozza how best to communicate through NSC and we hope to introduce a new catch all thread for the Fan Advisory Board soon.
8. Recent minutes published on both FAB website https://bhafc-fab.co.uk/bhafc-fab-meeting-24-10-23/
and the club website https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/club/fans/fan-advisory-board//

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
2. Following PBOBE's Albion Unlimited Podcast, when he said he'd asked the FAB to go away and come back with ideas for the Fanzone, the FAB contacted the club to ask for the terms of reference for this project, so we can gather useful feedback from fans. The response was that we wait until the Planning Permission had been granted.
Isn't the content of a planning application meant to be based on consulting beforehand, rather than the Planning Permission being granted and then the applicant working out what they actually want to build?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
That surpises me. that it is too expensive. Starting at bottom of steps. Nothing substantial Just overhead cover to take worst of rain. New Fanzone will have a return but providing shelter doesnt
I really hope you dont accept negative response from PB about covering of say P&R Steps for a start and really put fans case.
I wouldnt give club too much praise for asking supporters about the Fanzone. It will be a much needed facility but Like the Tunnell club it will be an income stream.
You will get full support from PB for anything that has no cost to club and at produces income and good publicity for club but outside of that good luck

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Does PB ever use the park and ride or train for matches (or even the bridge car park, which is equally appalling)? Perhaps it’d be beneficial for him to do so once in a while to get a gist of the problems supporters of the club face when traveling to and from the stadium. Transport is the single most negative aspect of the Amex, it’s something that needs understanding clearly and addressing.

Good luck to the FAB in not getting fobbed off (you will).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What is the point then?!

If the CEO of the club doesn’t buy into the idea, it’s not exactly on a strong footing.
It's an incredible statement, not least given the quote at the launch of the FAB:

“The fan advisory board is designed to build on the regular fans’ forums that we hold in person and online each season, and also the constant dialogue we have with fans through our responses to the many thousands of letters, emails and phone calls we receive each season.​
“We now want to further update and improve our fan engagement to ensure that views, opinions and ideas on a variety of topics are formally heard, recorded and open to an even wider and representative cross-section of fans throughout the season.”​

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports