Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan Advisory Board Representatives .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] within 10 minutes of his victory...

yuppies-drinking-champagne-smoking-cigar-21572922.jpg

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Congrats guys! Good to have some NSC members on there. Can we use this or another part of NSC for potential suggestions for the fan advisory board?

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
It would be interesting to know how many votes were cast. Not necessarily for each candidate individually, but an overall number.

I'd be interested in seeing the vote count for each candidate as well as the total. The club opened this up as a public vote so its only right we see how each candidate performed.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The lack of youth representation is incredibly concerning. The millennial and gen Z voice is silent in this fan advisory board, I'm curious how the members intend to accurately represent such a huge group of people totally overlooked?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The lack of youth representation is incredibly concerning. The millennial and gen Z voice is silent in this fan advisory board, I'm curious how the members intend to accurately represent such a huge group of people totally overlooked?

It’s a terrifically good point. It may have been a better to ensure representation from a variety of age/demographic backgrounds rather than based on tickets/membership held.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Club should move to create a further position for a, say, 26 and under rep. This could otherwise quite quickly become divisive if that age group don’t feel heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I agree. I think it’s important that the club hears these guys voices too. The other choices have been excellent by the way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

There were younger people nominated, they just didn’t win.

Perhaps, just like with other votes, young people haven’t bothered voting and then don’t like the results

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Perhaps, just like with other votes, young people haven’t bothered voting and then don’t like the results

The club is missing a trick by not having these guys represented, they’ve got a lot to offer. As others have mentioned perhaps the club could open up a slot for a youngster at the table.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

I could say a lot more to this but I wont. This is exactly why we needed a least one younger representative on the board. We should have had an under 30 category or something like it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It would be interesting to know how many votes were cast. Not necessarily for each candidate individually, but an overall number.

I'd be interested in seeing the vote count for each candidate as well as the total. The club opened this up as a public vote so its only right we see how each candidate performed.

I would expect a voting percentage under 20% of those eligible to vote, as there was not much interest particularly given the lack of detail provided on the candidates given the clubs desire to avoid bias.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I would expect a voting percentage under 20% of those eligible to vote, as there was not much interest particularly given the lack of detail provided on the candidates given the clubs desire to avoid bias.

I’ve emailed the club to ask about the number and breakdown of votes cast, so let’s see. It would certainly lend some authority to whole idea if large numbers of fans voted. If only a small number of fans did, perhaps the opposite.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Absolutely baffled as to how the youngsters who have pushed hard on Twitter haven't got enough votes in an online poll.

Anyway well done Hiney and Nigel (sorry forgot your username)! Great reps to have.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I voted for Paul Samrah’s son as one of my four sth votes. It’s a shame he isn’t one of the winners.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Absolutely baffled as to how the youngsters who have pushed hard on Twitter haven't got enough votes in an online poll.

Anyway well done Hiney and Nigel (sorry forgot your username)! Great reps to have.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I can already see the narrative of "the youth don't vote in the general election so they were never going to vote here" totally discounting the way online voting totally changes those voting demographics. Studies have shown since 2015 that online polling and voting levels the playing field for youth voting. I'd be very interested in seeing that full voting breakdown.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
I agree. I think it’s important that the club hears these guys voices too. The other choices have been excellent by the way.
Absolutely - I’m sure those voted in will do a great job but the only way to make sure the younger generation is unequivocally represented is to, err, have a young person (or two) on the board. Half assumed that’d be the most basic requirement for a successful fans advisory board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here