Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan Advisory Board Representatives .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Perhaps they didn’t know any of the candidates personally? Were all of the ages (or at least brackets) published for all of the candidates?

Jack's age is pretty obvious from his social media profiles and posts on here.

Seb is obviously the son of Paul Samrah, if you know anything about the history of the club you'd know that makes him under 35.

As said at least three times on this thread I voted for both because I'd picked them out as younger.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Viper what's your Podcast please? Also, have you had a beer?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I've not had a beer, it's 4:44pm in the afternoon here. I've just had a hard couple of months, especially the last ****ing month. I legit asked ONE simple question and it was what the actual members of the board are going to do to hear the voices of large demographics missed out. That's it. No suggestions of rigging, conspiracy or anything, it's a simple question. So to then jump to being called out for not going door to door for some fan advisory board nominees by a jumped up moderator being a bully, who isn't even a member of the FAB in the first place but presumably because he simply MUST defend some mate of his who did get on the boards honour is doing my head in. This board bangs on and on about the importance of mental health and one of its mods are going exactly counter to that entire ethos.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Jack's age is pretty obvious from his social media profiles and posts on here.

Seb is obviously the son of Paul Samrah, if you know anything about the history of the club you'd know that makes him under 35.

As said at least three times on this thread I voted for both because I'd picked them out as younger.

That’s totally fair enough, and I’m only playing Devil’s Advocate slightly. As I’ve said a couple of times, I didn’t vote myself because I don’t know any of the candidates personally and I didn’t feel I learned enough about them from their short bios to be able to make a fair choice.

It’s probably time to draw a line under this now, but I’ll just re-iterate that I think some decent suggestions have been made as to how things COULD have been done better. That’s not at all to suggest that the current mechanism and members won’t do an excellent job. I think it’s just healthy to have a bit of a debate about it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I've not had a beer, it's 4:44pm in the afternoon here. I've just had a hard couple of months, especially the last ****ing month. I legit asked ONE simple question and it was what the actual members of the board are going to do to hear the voices of large demographics missed out. That's it. No suggestions of rigging, conspiracy or anything, it's a simple question. So to then jump to being called out for not going door to door for some fan advisory board nominees by a jumped up moderator being a bully, who isn't even a member of the FAB in the first place but presumably because he simply MUST defend some mate of his who did get on the boards honour is doing my head in. This board bangs on and on about the importance of mental health and one of its mods are going exactly counter to that entire ethos.

What would be positive and a way to move on, as well as giving food for thought for the elected FAB members, would be if you and others could list on here what are the main concerns of the demographic you say isn't represented.

What do you (and they) want brought up?

We could argue all day about the past, but if there are ideas that you think that group has, surely posting on here would be seen by our two NSC representatives?

Or maybe start a "Potential subjects for FAB" thread on here? Happy to start that.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Blimey. I just assumed with that level of passion it was a booze fuelled rant. I agree with a lot of what you've said and disagree with some of it. I just figured that anyone who can vent like that and hosts a pro BHA podcast is the sort of person I'd like to listen to even if i don't necessarily disagree. You might be bang on the money, you might be like that TY freak from AFTV but I'd like to have a listen.

And don't ever stop standing for what you believe in. Right or wrong that's part of the beauty of being a football supporter and one of the reasons it would be preferable if the FAB covered all ages. Let me know the Podcast details if you can and I'll give it a whirl at some point. Cheers

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
What would be positive and a way to move on, as well as giving food for thought for the elected FAB members, would be if you and others could list on here what are the main concerns of the demographic you say isn't represented.

What do you (and they) want brought up?

We could argue all day about the past, but if there are ideas that you think that group has, surely posting on here would be seen by our two NSC representatives?

Or maybe start a "Potential subjects for FAB" thread on here? Happy to start that.

Something like the old ‘Ask the club’ sub-forum would be a really good idea, or perhaps having it as a permanent sticky at the top of the main board?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Something like the old ‘Ask the club’ sub-forum would be a really good idea, or perhaps having it as a permanent sticky at the top of the main board?

Sticky to post questions and points on seems a very good idea. I'll ask the Bozz.

Aug 18, 2013
Great shout. Unfortunately the FAB under the terms and conditions can't approve such a good idea without the club's say so.

Personally I can't quite believe this debate is dragging on when the below appears in the Ts and C's, which are frankly shocking. The club (of course!) get final say and somehow deemed the panel to have sufficient diversity despite nobody under 40 being on it. Christ:

The Club will then elect to the Fan Advisory Board such individuals who from the constituent groups
(in accordance with the number of places identified above for each constituent group) who receive
the highest votes, subject to the fact that the Club reserves the right in its absolute discretion to apply
extra weighting to certain candidates if, in the Club’s view, the elected members do not ensure
sufficient diversity on the Fan Advisory Board.

It's a quick win for the club at this point surely. Admit an oversight on age, add the most popular (votewise) youngster to the board, job done.

*apologies for shite formatting, i copied from a PDF on the club website*

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Have to say, some of the tweets of people attending today really are not helpful. Just get on with the job rather than glorying in the fact that the club are rolling out the red carpet for you at the training ground. I fear this will quickly become a buddy club with little or no benefit to anyone, other a nice rubber stamping by the club of stuff they want to do anyway and little that they don't. I would be very happy to be proved wrong.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Have to say, some of the tweets of people attending today really are not helpful. Just get on with the job rather than glorying in the fact that the club are rolling out the red carpet for you at the training ground. I fear this will quickly become a buddy club with little or no benefit to anyone, other a nice rubber stamping by the club of stuff they want to do anyway and little that they don't. I would be very happy to be proved wrong.

How did people predict this would happen?!! :)

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

I'm slightly hungover today so good thing really I didn't get it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Again, this feels circular, but what's absolutely ridiculous is someone who didn't vote, isn't a member, doesn't go to games but does have a large online following, only complaining after the fact.

Unless you're alleging impropriety you have to accept the result. We all get the governments, referenda results and committees we deserve in a democratic process.

What I would hope is that FAB ask PB and the team what the voting turnout was and work constructively with the club to improve the process if it was low, rather than release detailed demographic data to someone who, frankly, couldn't be arsed until he didn't like the result.

This.

FFS!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Except most "democratic processes" don't have a small print saying the club get final say in who gets elected...

A slightly high-handed but understandable process to ensure that mischief candidates are not put forward and elected.

Or are you suggesting the club rigged the vote?

Aug 18, 2013
A slightly high-handed but understandable process to ensure that mischief candidates are not put forward and elected.

Or are you suggesting the club rigged the vote?

It was an online poll (main audience = youth) and yet nobody under 30 (possibly 40) got in.

And as far as I can see there's been nothing published about how what percentage of votes people got.

So yeah, people are going to question it I'm afraid.

Anyway, let's hope there's some good to come out of it from those who were chosen, there's still some good people on the FAB. Fingers crossed.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It was an online poll (main audience = youth) and yet nobody under 30 (possibly 40) got in.

And as far as I can see there's been nothing published about how what percentage of votes people got.

So yeah, people are going to question it I'm afraid.

Anyway, let's hope there's some good to come out of it from those who were chosen, there's still some good people on the FAB. Fingers crossed.

You can't go around making logical points like that!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Perhaps their sharing of what they do in and around being a fan of the club is what got them more votes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here