Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous peoples deaths that have shaken you up?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Charles Kennedy.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
So many of these, particularly Lennon.

It's the the sudden deaths that shock me, so I would add Jim Reeves, Otis Redding, John Denver and Eric Morecombe to the list.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Steve Irwin for me. For some reason absolutely crushed me.

Found Gary Speed very sad too.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
George Harrison was one for me. Absolute hero and unsung musician.

Obviously Diana hit a chord with most. However bizarrely, I remember being really upset when Dick Emery died when I was little!

Jan 30, 2008
Loved Bowie but really he was the past,probably would not buy anything other than his 70's work. His passing has not affected me that much.
So trying to think who's passing affected me and really only john smith and joe strummer tbh.
Losing which famous person has knocked you back?

as Bros sang" when will i be famous",i don't buy into fame, death comes to us all regardless of fame it's family first IMHO
regards
DR

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
John Peel - still remember exactly where I was when I heard it on the radio
John Lennon - ditto
John Smith - ppossibly the single politician for whom I have ever had most respect.
Martin Luther King - for obvious reasons.
Robert Kennedy - two brothers going the same way, and I think he was more radical than JFK. Still remember the awful picture of him lying on the ground with a pool of blood behind his head.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brian Jones
JFK
Elvis

All a complete bolt from the blue to me and genuinely shocking.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Brian Jones
JFK
Elvis

All a complete bolt from the blue to me and genuinely shocking.

remember my old man being absolutely gutted when Elvis died,a Sunday evening if I remember rightly,?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Bowie is up there for me, along with Rik Mayall. But the biggest one was Freddie Mercury.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Today, David Bowie.
Luther Vandross.

My social life from the seventies through to the Nineties.
When you love their music and saw them live many times, each song brings back so many memories of your childhood and youth and adulthood.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
John Peel - remember welling up at work all afternoon, and Bowie today - working from home, so was able to well up in privacy. A little bit less awkward. Usually deaths of people prey on my mind - I'm quite sensitive.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
as Bros sang" when will i be famous",i don't buy into fame, death comes to us all regardless of fame it's family first IMHO
regards
DR
Logical, sensible but also displays an unnerving lack of empathy for anyone outside his close family. Psychopathic tendencies which were considered to be prevalent from previous correspondence are confirmed.

Parole denied.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Purely because of the manner in which he died, it has to be Lennon. I was very angry and quite upset at the time. Probably coz I was still a bit idealistic and looked at him through rose coloured specs. Very shocked by Elvis, Diana and Michael Jackson but not particularly upset as they didn't really mean much to me, but purely because of the enormity of who they were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here