Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous BHA Comebacks

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
2-0 down and coming back to draw 2-2 at Anfield in the FA Cup in 1991 was my favourite game for many, many years. We had a penalty at Anfied, which I seem to remember was the first penalty awarded against Liverpool at Anfield for several seasons. A great day.

This all day long. No one had come back from 2-0 down at anfield since the Second World War or something like that. Mental scenes in the away end, ended up 3 rows of seats down. We absolutely stunned champions Liverpool and the footballing world that day. It's hard to convey to kids today just how big a result that was.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
March/April 1972 - our late charge for promotion looked to be faltering at home to Torquay. 1-0 down with ten minutes (or slightly less) to go.

We rattled in three! Best come-back I've ever personally seen at the Albion.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
2-1 at home at Goldstone against Pompey in about '92

Our 2 goals in the last couple of minutes

Evening match. Darren Anderton was playing for Portsmouth that night. The win kept us on life support. I think we were officially relegated at Ipswich Town on the Saturday.

We also took a kicking after the match around the stadium. Although doubtless the Fairy may have a different take.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here