Family Guy - last night on BBC3

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Saw a Family Guy last night, literally had me in tears of laughter. Did anyone see it?

I think it might be from the new Season 7? The Griffin ’s set up their own restaurant or something.

Anyway the plot is irrelevant; the main bit that tickled me was when Peter and Lois are sitting watching tv, and some show comes on “from the 70’s, with the really long intro music”. And it does go on forever.
It doesnt sound like the height of comedic genius, but i’m still chuckling about it today. My missus was completely baffled by it; didnt know why i thought it was so funny. She put it down to the difference between male and female humour?!

Anyway, does anyone know what the name of the episode is? I'm trying to see if i can find it on youtube (my work colleagues want to see it to understand why i keep chuckling away at my desk..)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Family Guy is bloody amazing, there'll be a DVD boxset on my christmas list for sure.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Talking of excellent series from the US, has anyone downloaded the final series of The Shield yet?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That's an old one is it not? But FG is the best thing on telly right now, and has been for some time, IMO

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
That's an old one is it not? But FG is the best thing on telly right now, and has been for some time, IMO

Well, yeah, it seems like it is, according to the Wikipedia list that Chappers posted too. Although that list is different to the dvd's and videos i own. There are some episodes that it says are on Series 5 that i definitely have on either 4 or 6??? And my Series 1 video(s) seems to combine a lot of 1 and 2 on that list.. I guess its the difference between US and UK dvd's or summat?

Season 5 is the only series that i don't own and know back-to-front.

But yeah, Family Guy is great innit.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
The one last night where Peter finds the wollen pyjamas is hilarious! Going around zapping people. When he said "hey look Louis! I'm Jesus" i was nearly pissing myself!

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I never gave Family Guy a second look until about 6 months ago. Now I'm hooked.

It's not unlike the Recruitment Consultants thread. From the outside it looks like just *another* thread that would pass the time, and it's not until you open it up and start reading that you wonder why you'd never read it before.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Family Guy is funny, but it's a lot more 'obvious' than The Simpsons, which WAS a vastly superior form of humour. The blatant in-your-face humour of things like Family Guy/Jackass etc is more popular nowadays than things which actually have a message.. I blame this on stupid Americans, which in turn are polluting our television sets, and making us all as stupid as them.

The worst thing about it is that due to Family Guy's popularity now (after being hugely unpopular (and cancelled to start with)) is that The Simpsons has followed suit, and is now imitating Family Guy, in terms of the style of humour (mainly gross-out, some clever satire).

The best things are Family Guy are the title song and a few vignettes here and there; such as "I'm going to prepare for this as thoroughly as Ben Affleck prepares for a film role"..

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Family Guy is funny, but it's a lot more 'obvious' than The Simpsons, which WAS a vastly superior form of humour. The blatant in-your-face humour of things like Family Guy/Jackass etc is more popular nowadays than things which actually have a message.. I blame this on stupid Americans, which in turn are polluting our television sets, and making us all as stupid as them.

The worst thing about it is that due to Family Guy's popularity now (after being hugely unpopular (and cancelled to start with)) is that The Simpsons has followed suit, and is now imitating Family Guy, in terms of the style of humour (mainly gross-out, some clever satire).

The best things are Family Guy are the title song and a few vignettes here and there; such as "I'm going to prepare for this as thoroughly as Ben Affleck prepares for a film role"..

I pretty much agree with that. 'Classic' Simpsons is better all round, and it interesting what you say about it trying to immitate Family Guy; i saw a newer Simpsons recently and thought it was pretty terrible, which is something i never thought i'd say.
However Family Guy has always had a more surreal edge than the Simpsons, which is a huge plus.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I pretty much agree with that. 'Classic' Simpsons is better all round, and it interesting what you say about it trying to immitate Family Guy; i saw a newer Simpsons recently and thought it was pretty terrible, which is something i never thought i'd say.
However Family Guy has always had a more surreal edge than the Simpsons, which is a huge plus.

Family Guy is actually far more popular now with young adults, and the Simpsons writers obviously became aware that times had changed. As a result, they felt they needed to change the show to keep up with the competition. This is all really a legacy of South Park, where fortunately The Simpsons was able to compete with clever writing and good satire. Sadly, all that has now gone.

The Simpsons since around 2002-2003 has been, frankly, weird. And not in a quirky, surreal way like Family Guy.

But give me seasons 1-5 of The Simpsons over Family Guy any day, in terms of animated comic perfection :)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Actually in Family Guy there are some very funny snips at the American public and Government. Watch The Road Trip episode of series 7 and listen to Peter and Louis one two about the reasons behind 9/11.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Saw a Family Guy last night, literally had me in tears of laughter. Did anyone see it?

I think it might be from the new Season 7? The Griffin ’s set up their own restaurant or something.

Anyway the plot is irrelevant; the main bit that tickled me was when Peter and Lois are sitting watching tv, and some show comes on “from the 70’s, with the really long intro music”. And it does go on forever.
It doesnt sound like the height of comedic genius, but i’m still chuckling about it today. My missus was completely baffled by it; didnt know why i thought it was so funny. She put it down to the difference between male and female humour?!

Anyway, does anyone know what the name of the episode is? I'm trying to see if i can find it on youtube (my work colleagues want to see it to understand why i keep chuckling away at my desk..)

It sounds like the first episode of season 7, I have just finished watching that seasons boxset yesterday and it is definitely back to its best after a weak season 6, - season 7 is brilliant all the way through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports