Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

False Hope

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Party when Brighton stay up?

Jelly and Ice Cream when Brighton stay up?

Jimmy Grimble

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Mornin' all just switched on and got result and was pleased to see that it was the opposition who got the last minute consolation goal instead of us.
We actually scored two goals comfortably within the 90 mins, it may become a habit.
Then started to read this thread and not sure if I'm happy or not now!
False hope is better than no hope relegation battles as well as promotion battles keep you hooked till the very end, much more exciting than mid table obscurity:p

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It is now NSC law that a post game moan from Wingedean Wanderer must be posted although I do tend to agree with him this time. I would be very pleasantly surprised if we stay up.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
well I think most people think that its going to be difficult, but for fucks sake whilst its possible being an overly miserable bastard isn't exactly going to inspire anyone to greater things.

less marvin please.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We are DOWN. We will end up with around 44 or 45 points. Accept it and stop being Silly Billy's.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Bloody hell Albion. Now we're all convinced that we've got a GREAT chance of staying up, that we might just beat Swindon on Saturday and then go to Colchester and get something.

Why do they do it? I'm naturally negative, but even i'm kidding myself that we might do it.

And yet you just know now that there'll be a decent gate at Withdean on Saturday in the sunshine full of hope and expectation, and we'll lose one nil after a shocking performance, all but confirming that we're going down.

'Sake!

I read this and chuckled to myself thinking "how true".

Im sure a lot of other people do too,so why the need for everyone to give the poster such shit and call him a ****?

Or have i missed something?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would not say WW is a pessimist I would say he is a realist. He says it how it is generally and I like his style.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's certainly prolonged the agony. I don't think any of us really believe Brighton will win four of the next six, but we had to win or we were down, and we did. And basically sent Hereford down, again, into the bargain.

Hope - is it a good thing, or a bad thing? It's like Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins in Shawshank.
What was it John Cleese said in 'Clockwise'? "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair. It's the HOPE that's intolerable!"

Even if the win is too late and simply prolongs the agony I'm still pleased as a few good results could give us a bit of confidence for next season.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Surely it doesn't matter if we get carried away. We are supporters, not players.

If when we were doing well we didn't get over excited, what would be the point in supporting the Albion at all?

Enjoy the victory. We don't need to look at the bigger picture twenty minutes after a game we have won.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here