Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I've just had a hafl-drunken argument with a mate claiming that Falmer will be, facility wise, the second best stadium in the country behind Wembley.

I may be completely delusional but I could have sworn I read/ heard somewhere that this was the case. Please tell me I am right!

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I went up there for the first time since they started the ground work.The east stand really is massive for a stand that only holds 5k.The roof will be miles up in the air which seem a touch odd.
You really don't get the feel of the scale of this project untill you have seen it in the flesh.It really is going to be huge and they should make this the 8th wonder of the world.
Oh and the arch looks fantastic which can be seen for miles.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Better than Wembley surely? We'll have two arches. :thumbsup:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
I've just had a haf-drunken argument with a mate claiming that Falmer will be, facility wise, the second best stadium in the country behind Wembley.

I may be completely delusional but I could have sworn I read/ heard somewhere that this was the case. Please tell me I am right!

I read that somewhere too, probably on this forum.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
How are you judging "best, facility wise"?

No idea. Corporate hospitality, educational, you tell me.

For some reason I had it stuck in my head that in some way Falmer was going to be the best stadium in the country behind Wembley. Looks as if I could have been making it up and I may have to admit I was wrong, which will hurt especially as my argument was with two Premier League supporters!

I didn't realise that I was so obsessed with Falmer that I could simply make things up to make it sound more amazing!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
On the STH DVD (received today) somebody (either Martin Perry or Derek Chapman I think it was) said that Falmer will be better than The Emirates. It may not be the biggest but it will certainly be the best. We are going to have one hell of a stadium in less than 18 months.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I do remember reading that the corporate facilities will be second to none which if true would certainly mean we are right up there. However that might just have been NSC talk.

I guess you have to look at it from the perspective of it being more than just a football stadium and it certainly has the facilities to cater for more than just a Saturday afternoon crowd but you have to remember the planning rights dictate that we can't get too carried away.

I should imagine that as a very modern and unique stadium in an area of outstanding natural beauty it will be a pretty big deal though. There can't be many stadiums in such an attractive locality

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
I heard that you'll be able to get a 24 oz T-Bone steak with all the trimmings for a quid and nubile young lovelies will be on hand to ......do what nubile young lovelies were put on this Earth to do. All of this in the cheap seats. Trade up to one of the more expensive season tickets and it will blow your mind.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
No idea. Corporate hospitality, educational, you tell me.

For some reason I had it stuck in my head that in some way Falmer was going to be the best stadium in the country behind Wembley. Looks as if I could have been making it up and I may have to admit I was wrong, which will hurt especially as my argument was with two Premier League supporters!

I didn't realise that I was so obsessed with Falmer that I could simply make things up to make it sound more amazing!

Wembley spent a lot of attention and money on finishes, for example everything concealed rather than surface fixed on unfinished blockwork and sets the benchmark for quality in this respect.

I read that falmer will either match or beat this. It isn't going to be the biggest stadium but will be one of the highest quality stadiums in terms of design and materials/finishes.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I heard that you'll be able to get a 24 oz T-Bone steak with all the trimmings for a quid and nubile young lovelies will be on hand to ......do what nubile young lovelies were put on this Earth to do. All of this in the cheap seats. Trade up to one of the more expensive season tickets and it will blow your mind.

If that's the case, your mind won't be the only thing that'll get blown! :wink:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
am i right in thinking it will be the most expensive stadium built per seat, after wemberley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here