Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - will it be ready?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I would imagine there are penalties for late hand over which is why they want to catch up completely.

Which is all for Buckinghams to worry about. I'm sure there's penalties for them which will then be passed along the line to all the sub contractors who will have their own targets. The fines on these projects tend to make it worth your while to finish the job on time.

3 days behind, 4 days ahead - it doesn't matter, it's a 2 year project.

I'm actually starting to feel quite inadequate after reading NSC, I must be some sort of mental pygmy because other people have the ability to know if a building project will be on time just by looking at some pictures. Why can't I do that, back to special school for me :dunce:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The structuring I would expect to done within the next 6-8 months. I think the work inside the stadium will take a month or two, ie, fixtures and fittings. Wouldn't surprise me if they were a couple of days behind schedule though seen as we had about 2 weeks in the winter where everything was frozen solid and they probably couldn't do any work. Why are some people so pessimistic about things?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Seemed a genuine question to me , and it prompts football / falmer chat which is infinitely better than a lot of bollocks spouted.

We've been shafted for what will be all of some fans supporting lives. Hardly a shootable offence when someone may need some re-assurance

**edit** just seen poster isn't in the clique and only has 120 posts.............prob explains the lynch mob circling

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Seemed a genuine question to me , and it prompts football / falmer chat which is infinitely better than a lot of bollocks spouted.

We've been shafted for what will be all of some fans supporting lives. Hardly a shootable offence when someone may need some re-assurance

**edit** just seen poster isn't in the clique and only has 120 posts.............prob explains the lynch mob circling

To be fair to the lynch mob you are referring to, the thread starter did give his permission...:

'I have no pedigree at all in construction so I will be very happy indeed to have a queue of informed people tell me I am talking out of my arse'

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was told that from the outside the stadium will appear finished by the end of September. Is this realistic or even vaguely likely??

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
I read there was over 100 or so workers on site a day and with all those working I'm sure we can get it done well in time. And as people said the structure will be done by late this year (December I heard) then it's all the internal work they need to do.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I read there was over 100 or so workers on site a day and with all those working I'm sure we can get it done well in time. And as people said the structure will be done by late this year (December I heard) then it's all the internal work they need to do.

It is costing £200,000 per day to build - ie 1 million pounds per week! Crazy...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Look at how much work has happened since work started about a year ago, which included a god awful winter. I'd say it is on track especially if you follow the plans set out in the program a few month back. Makes a change to panic about Falmer from the panic about lack of new players/lack of contract for Poyet that seems to be taking over

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
For fucks sake. We have an IMMENSE stadium which flying up in truely amazing time and people are worried!? The west stand structure was done in about 3 weeks. It's just staggering!

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
It's a valid thread, if only to put the poster's mind at rest. I saw Southampton's ground go up and the progress they can make is astonishing. I am also somebody with no construction experience but I feel very confident with the progress they look to be making.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I spoke with one of the buyers from the Buckingham group yesterday and asked him how it was going. He certainly didn't seem worried about any timescale issues.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Checking in to see how the thread was coming along. Dougal was right. I'm not in the clique and yes, I DID give permission for an NSC flogging if I could be proved wrong.

It was a genuine question based on, as I acknowledged, a lack of a construction background. To my mind, the thread has served its purpose. I feel a lot better about the project being finished because plenty of people better informed than me have chipped in.

Thanks folks. See you there.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
im sure natterjack said the steel contract finishes in late july and thats when he finishes too so that leaves almost ten months to do the interior and jazz.

if anyone us concerned just look at the sequence of construction in the swindon programe from 2009 and you will see we are on track.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here