Falmer Terracing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
Could the corners be turned into Terraces? Got to be a cheaper option for Expansion in the short term if it was needed.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I suggest that you start lobbying your MP for a change in the law... though I suspect that the Government has more important things to worry about at the moment.

Nice idea though. :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Probably as alot of seated areas in alot of stadiums were terracing before they "bolted" seats in. So Im sure the reverse applies tho like people have said wouldnt hold your breath.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
You can legally have terracing outside of the top 2 divisions in the UK. IF we were to fail in our promotion bid in theory you could have terracing at Falmer. In reality, its never going to happen.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Believe me, if the law had been changed before building had started this is something that would have been high on the agenda - and we have *some* support at Board level for this :) But from what I've heard the aforementioned law change, though maybe on the horizon, depends on a change of stance by the Liverpool relatives' committee and that hasn't happened yet...which is not to say it won't: things appear to be moving in the right direction. But until then it is sadly simply not legal in the top 2 divisions. It is absolutely right to surmise that certain people at the club are irrevocably opposed to a return of terracing, and there have been some fairly heated arguments on the subject!
But all discussion at a practical level will have to wait for a change in the law.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Believe me, if the law had been changed before building had started this is something that would have been high on the agenda - and we have *some* support at Board level for this :)

I seem to recall that the original four phase construction plan for the stadium included initially having terraces at the North and South ends of the ground.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Believe me, if the law had been changed before building had started this is something that would have been high on the agenda - and we have *some* support at Board level for this :) But from what I've heard the aforementioned law change, though maybe on the horizon, depends on a change of stance by the Liverpool relatives' committee and that hasn't happened yet...which is not to say it won't: things appear to be moving in the right direction. But until then it is sadly simply not legal in the top 2 divisions. It is absolutely right to surmise that certain people at the club are irrevocably opposed to a return of terracing, and there have been some fairly heated arguments on the subject!
But all discussion at a practical level will have to wait for a change in the law.

You'll also have to convince the police. Would be a lot harder to pick out troublemakers on a terrace compared to a seated area. And the clubs - Most don't believe it unconnected that that the demise of terraces has led to a general increase in attendances.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You can legally have terracing outside of the top 2 divisions in the UK. IF we were to fail in our promotion bid in theory you could have terracing at Falmer. In reality, its never going to happen.

No, because we have been in the top two divisions since the rule came into being.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
No, because we have been in the top two divisions since the rule came into being.

I dont think that matters. I think you get 2 years to comply once you are in the Prem or Champ. Plus we were there at Withers. Pointless debate anyway as I cant see us getting any terracing at Falmer anyway as much as id LOVE it. How good was Posh the other week?! Cracking.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm assuming this is a Richard Hebbard quote? Just goes to show football fans are guilty until proven innocent in his/Ken Brown's eyes. :nono:

In what way does that statement imply that?

He's said he's not keen on something. Something, that, given his experience as a Police Officer in the past, and now as Safety Officer for the Albion, would have an impact on how they go about policing it should it be introduced. I imagine he sees it as something that would make certian aspects of what he is required to do more difficult and more costly, so he's said he wouldn't be keen, why shouldn't he say that?

Last edited:

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
In what way does that statement imply that?

He's said he's not keen on somthing. Somthing, that, given his experience as a Police Officer in the past, and now as Safety Officer for the Albion, would have an impact on how they go about policing it should it be introduced. I imagine he sees it as something that would make certian aspects of what he is required to do more difficult and more costly, so he's said he wouldn't be keen, why shouldn't he say that?

I have had several heated discussions with RH about this....we agree to differ...at the moment, like I say, it's not an issue, but IF safe standing gets the go ahead level at governmental there is absolutely no reason why we can't take the issue up - until then let's just celebrate what we've got - a brand spanking new stadium :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports