Falmer Pc Accounts!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dec 27, 2005
BRIGHTO KEMP TOWN
Following on from my report of the FPC AGM held on June 6, (where Toby Rollestone gave an update to the 20 local residents who bothered to attend!, on the Falmer Stadium dispute). He gave an insight into the LDC cabinet meeting held just a few hours before and appeared to have inside knowledge of events in that meeting. He said that the LDC cabinet meeting was a very close run thing and it was only through the persistence and drive of councillor Neil Cummins that the high court action was approved to be continued despite the press releases stating it was a unanimous decision by the LDC cabinet, this in my opinion does not reflect the concerns and reluctance of some of those in that meeting.

KEEP SHOOTING AT THE LDC WHEELS AND ONE WILL COME OFF!

Attached is the previously requested FPC accounts!

Attachments

• fpc accounts.pdf
    59.1 KB · Views: 102

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
48k in stadium expenses.

its a lot of money from such a small council.

love to hear more about the LDC vote though:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
According to that, the stadium is about their only expense. Do they really have nothing else to do? This could explain why they have so much time to dedicate to being a pain in the arse!

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Interesting article in the Argus today:

We're ready for stadium appeal, says council

Falmer Parish Council has declared it has the £30,000 required to pay for its share of the High Court stadium challenge.

Questions were asked when a copy of the council's last accounts revealed its Falmer appeal had only raised £15,060 by the beginning of May.

The council is committed to stumping up nearly half of the estimated £65,000 cost of the legal action.

Lewes District Council has committed £25,000, while the Sussex Downs Society and the South Downs Joint Committee ave pledged £5,000 each for the joint challenge.

Falmer parish councillor Simon Barnes said yesterday any shortfall in its appeal fund would be topped up with council tax payers' money.

He said: "We have the money and we are ready to go."

On top of its stadium fund, the council has about £19,000 in the bank. It collected £20,000 from tax payers in the village last year and spent more than half that sum - £12,314 - on stadium expenses.

The cost of fighting the 22,000-seat Brighton and Hove Albion stadium plan has cost the council about £36,000 since 2003, not including expenses for the forthcoming High Court challenge.

Mr Barnes is confident of winning the judicial review and that the Government will be forced to reimburse its legal costs.

The £65,000 figure has been worked out by Lewes District Council based on an estimated two-day court hearing.

It said that would cover its own legal fees plus those of the Government if the council loses the appeal.

But Albion bosses have warned the figure could run into hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Chief executive Martin Perry said the court hearing could last much longer than two days and warned that the club will claim its own legal costs from the councils if the appeal fails.

He said: "Both Lewes District and Falmer Parish Council are taking a serious punt with taxpayers' money which they are likely to lose."

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Simon Barnes - he never f***ing learns, does he?

One day, Falmer Parish Council, and Simon Barnes in particular, will wake up to the fact that they are merely patsies for Lewes District Council half-brained councillors for taking the full rap for this farce.

But I think that may be some time.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I can see a scenario not that far ahead whereby Lewes District Council lose the High Court case, and the Albion, the City Council and the Government all make successful claims for their legal expenses, and Lewes District Council issuing a press release saying how outraged and disgusted they are that they should have to pay up, depsite being told time and time and time and time again that they would be liable for the costs.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The Large One said:
Simon Barnes - he never f***ing learns, does he?

One day, Falmer Parish Council, and Simon Barnes in particular, will wake up to the fact that they are merely patsies for Lewes District Council half-brained councillors for taking the full rap for this farce.

But I think that may be some time.

I think that should be the other way round!

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
i like the way it says it made up the short fall up of tax payers money, Falmers or more of LDC residents (mine) who have already cough up all the rest.

W*nkers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports