Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Legal Fees

Booley

Dec 23, 2004
East Acton
Did the club mention that they would be able to claim back legal fees from LDC?
Anyone know anything about it?
Might help to get a player in

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
We can't get ANYTHING from Lewes District Council.

Aside from the various planning permissions we still need to commence work.

I thought that the money spent on obtaining planning permission would be re-imbursed by the contractors to build the stadium as part of the costs?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I thought the cost of the planning permission inquiries could be claimed from somewhere (Government?) but not sure where.
Where's Lord B when you need him?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I thought we could only recoup losses if the decision went to the High Court and we Won?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I thought that the money spent on obtaining planning permission would be re-imbursed by the contractors to build the stadium as part of the costs?

No, from the stadium financers/owners (a new company).

The total cost to build/value of the stadium would include the planning costs which the club have paid for.

I guess they could convert this into equity in the new company - or take the cash to buy players (yay!) or payback directors (boo!).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I thought the cost of the planning permission inquiries could be claimed from somewhere (Government?) but not sure where.
Where's Lord B when you need him?
Only if the claimant's challenge was unsuccessful.

In this instance, because the Govt made the original mistake, they re-imbursed Lewes DC their costs. I don't know if they re-imbursed the Albion, but I would be surprised if they didn't. We know about Lewes' case, because they shouted in from the highest rooftops. The Albion didn't.

We can't claim anything off Lewes because one, their challenge was perfectly legal (if a little immoral), and two, they didn't lose their case in the High Court.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I wasn't meaning the High Court actions but the original calling in of the planning decision for public inquiry in Aug 2002.

I wasn't meaning the High Court actions but the original calling in of the planning decision for public inquiry in Aug 2002.
No. Basically, each party covers its own Public Inquiry costs.

But failure by any party to comply with the Planning Inquiry Rules can result in an award of costs, if it can be shown that the failure resulted in another party having to incur unnecessary expenditure due to unreasonable behaviour.

There's more information here:-

http://www.planning-applications.co.uk/appeals3.htm

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
No. Basically, each party covers its own Public Inquiry costs.

But failure by any party to comply with the Planning Inquiry Rules can result in an award of costs, if it can be shown that the failure resulted in another party having to incur unnecessary expenditure due to unreasonable behaviour.

There's more information here:-

http://www.planning-applications.co.uk/appeals3.htm

Yes, but now we've got planning permission aren't there some costs we've previously incurred that we can now claim back against tax or something? I'm sure I read this a year or two back.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yes, but now we've got planning permission aren't there some costs we've previously incurred that we can now claim back against tax or something? I'm sure I read this a year or two back.

From the company that will be set up to run the stadium, yes we can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here