Falmer - interesting article in New Civil Engineer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Interesting read thank you..
Nothing new, only the completion date for the roof due for july.
But a good piece.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
In that picture, behind the East stand is a big hill that is lush green. Is that still part of the plans ? thought that had been changed ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"The north stand − which will house away supporters − is positioned behind one of the goalmouths and incorporates a single tier of seating."

:eek:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Didn't the article in New Steel Construction or something (I just remember NSC was its acronym) say the same thing about the North Stand?

Where are they getting their misinformation from?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
In that picture, behind the East stand is a big hill that is lush green. Is that still part of the plans ? thought that had been changed ?

I think there's still going to be a hill (as it's already there), just with nothing in it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I work in construction publishing and we have ahad a few press releases in form different companies about the stadium and various components of it - always interesting...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Didn't the article in New Steel Construction or something (I just remember NSC was its acronym) say the same thing about the North Stand?

Where are they getting their misinformation from?

it also said incorrectly that it would be open at the start of next season like this one does.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
This looks to be more or less the same article to me. Still, as seecider says, nice to see interest in the stadium in the construction industry. Must be one of the major projects under way at the moment. How many stadiums are being built? I can only think of Chesterfield and us. Also, perhaps with the recession, there is not much being built at the moment. Certainly, roads construction is virtually at a halt (though that is more as a result of government policy). Only major road being built at the moment is the conversion of the A1 to motorway, and at least one skyscraper in London has been put on hold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports