Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fairytale Waiting to Happen.

Ditchboy

Apr 4, 2008
Right then, I know it's the natural domain of the BHA fan to err on the side of caution, but I feel a growing sense of momentum on every front. I have such faith in the mighty bald man that I think promotion has to be a real possibility this season. With two more quality signings (centre mid +another winger) we can do this. The man himself has said he's looking in this area so he must have the wonga to see it through. The defence looks just about complete to me with 2 quality keepers, sound left and right (hurry up Jimmy) and now a bunch of great centre halves. We've got strikers coming out of our ears, admittedly some better than others, OGH, Murray, Dickinson, Forster, Davies. Girders going in at Falmer and in the back of my mind I've a feeling Lynch and Murray will realise Slade is God and will stay. The bookies now have us down to 14/1. We CAN do this. Thoughts please, am I delusional?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
is it 14/1 to win the title or to get promoted as the promotion is in reach but not to sure yet about the title. I guess we will only know after 10 games or so as it takes teams a while to gel but yes I am feeling a lot happier and more confident about the team that I was last year.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dont jump the gun just yet , we were anticipating a brilliant forthcoming season at the same time last year.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Things are certainly looking positive but I think people are getting a bit carried away with all this talk of promotion!

I really hope people don't expect too much of Slade and our new look team in their first season, i'd hate it if people were calling for the mans head if we're sitting mid table at Christmas.

Ditchboy

Apr 4, 2008
I'll only be calling for the man's head so I can keep it on my bedside table.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think the team might take time to gel, but contending for the play-off places could be a realistic aim.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
is it 14/1 to win the title or to get promoted as the promotion is in reach but not to sure yet about the title. I guess we will only know after 10 games or so as it takes teams a while to gel but yes I am feeling a lot happier and more confident about the team that I was last year.

I thinks its only about 7/2 to get promoted

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Things are certainly looking positive but I think people are getting a bit carried away with all this talk of promotion!

I really hope people don't expect too much of Slade and our new look team in their first season, i'd hate it if people were calling for the mans head if we're sitting mid table at Christmas.

My thoughts exactly. We are in team rebuilding mode. I think its next season when it may/should all fall into place

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Right then, I know it's the natural domain of the BHA fan to err on the side of caution, but I feel a growing sense of momentum on every front. I have such faith in the mighty bald man that I think promotion has to be a real possibility this season. With two more quality signings (centre mid +another winger) we can do this. The man himself has said he's looking in this area so he must have the wonga to see it through. The defence looks just about complete to me with 2 quality keepers, sound left and right (hurry up Jimmy) and now a bunch of great centre halves. We've got strikers coming out of our ears, admittedly some better than others, OGH, Murray, Dickinson, Forster, Davies. Girders going in at Falmer and in the back of my mind I've a feeling Lynch and Murray will realise Slade is God and will stay. The bookies now have us down to 14/1. We CAN do this. Thoughts please, am I delusional?

I agree! I've had a nagging optimism nibbling at my insides over the past week or so that, try as I might, I just can't shift. If it is delusional, then I'm certainly going to enjoy it, right up until we get tonked for 6 by Walsall.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I have a good feeling about the way the squad is shaping up, but that's tempered by the fact Murray could leave and Lynch could get the hump again.

This team had radical surgery - new keeper, left-back, three new midfielders, a new forward - so it will take time to gel AND I think the division will be stronger than last season.

I also thought Micky Adams had bought well last summer but it didn't work out that way. Beating Havant and Worthing doesn't count for much either. If, after 3 or 4 matches, there is evidence that work on the training ground is translating to the pitch on a Saturday then we might be in business.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Entertain me and stay well clear of a relegation scrap and I'll be well chuffed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here