Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's a great squad. They've really got quality coming through. Not a great surprise he hasn't made it. Number 10 is Almada who was in the World Cup squad.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Confirmation that Buonanotte has NOT been named in the Argentina U-23 squad for the CONMEBOL Pre-Olympic tournament in Venezuela later this month (Valentin Barco has been):-

How the hell did Mascherano pull that off?

Happy that Goodnight isn't going. Gives him some time off as he's going to be essential for the second half of the season with all the games we've got left imo

Can't see the club turning down a request for him to play, maybe he wasn't asked or as Z said, he's now counted as a senior squad resource.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Can't see the club turning down a request for him to play, maybe he wasn't asked or as Z said, he's now counted as a senior squad resource.

He was counted as un U-23 resource when he was called up to that squad in November and started the first of the two matches against Japan.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Out of interest, are PL clubs allowed to have contracts with players preventing, or hindering, them playing for their country?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Out of interest, are PL clubs allowed to have contracts with players preventing, or hindering, them playing for their country?
All professional football contracts are governed by FIFA regulations afaik so the registered club can’t draft a contract that would be in breach of FIFA regs eg by restricting his contracted football to domestic football only but a player him/herself can refuse a call up provided it is in writing to his national football association and in advance of the expected call up - I am not a lawyer but I would think that all FIFA Regulations are implied terms of any contract without them needing to be expressly stated in a Player’s contract as terms and conditions.

Im sure someone can correct this if wrong.

As far as the U23 pre-Olympic, clubs aren't under any obligation to release players for youth competitions.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
All professional football contracts are governed by FIFA regulations afaik so the registered club can’t draft a contract that would be in breach of FIFA regs eg by restricting his contracted football to domestic football only but a player him/herself can refuse a call up provided it is in writing to his national football association and in advance of the expected call up - I am not a lawyer but I would think that all FIFA Regulations are implied terms of any contract without them needing to be expressly stated in a Player’s contract as terms and conditions.

Im sure someone can correct this if wrong.
Alex Fergurson Would be able to inform you.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
When he comes of age, he'll be able to play anywhere.

Let's not forget that he's still a teenager.

A very, very talented teenager.
I really wasn't sure about him but its great to see a young player develop the way he is. Getting better every game

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He’s impressed me at times this season thought he’s been showing positive signs since Palace away bar Wolves. Hopefully that special goal gives him confidence to continue to push on. I do think wonder if he’s a confidence player like March.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here