Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Saw this monstrosity at Waterloo today. Kate Spade sponsored 🙄

1000007481.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Isn't that the tree that Norway gift us every year as thanks for our support during the Second World War?
I expect it'll shape up once it's up properly. It'll have been on a flat bed truck for about a week.
Very poor. Norway need to up their game if they want us to help out with any future wars.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I quite like it - in this setting, it reminds me of Victorian era railways industry with the dark ‘railway’ green and gold of that period used on steam trains and in stations. Sort of reminiscent of a beautiful old GWR steam engine with its square and round shapes and tall steam spout. Maybe looks worse irl though 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 171196
I am outraged if they're putting up a Christmas "tree" at Waterloo based on a GWR engine. The LSWR would be spinning in it's grave.

#SouthernRailway4Lyf

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I am outraged if they're putting up a Christmas "tree" at Waterloo based on a GWR engine. The LSWR would be spinning in it's grave.

#SouthernRailway4Lyf
Well my Grandad helped to build the GWR trains in Swindon so I’m biased in my reminiscence 🙂

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Reactions: A1X

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Everything's a culture war nowadays isn't it.

We can't even have a nice tree sent to us by a friendly country without people mithering about it.
Seriously- it was half dead on one side - it looks better because they have literally attached additional branches to it.

Nothing to do with culture wars - I haven’t even mentioned the Country it was from - that’s fcuk all to do with the fact the tree looked like shite when it was being assembled - now it doesn’t- job done 🙄

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Seriously- it was half dead on one side - it looks better because they have literally attached additional branches to it.

Nothing to do with culture wars - I haven’t even mentioned the Country it was from - that’s fcuk all to do with the fact the tree looked like shite when it was being assembled - now it doesn’t- job done 🙄
I wasn't being entirely serious.

I expect that all trees that size in public squares have branches hammered into them to make them look half decent, I can't imagine there's a sensible way of transporting a tree from northern Norway to London (or any similar distance) that wouldn't either completely flatten it on one side or require branches to be cut off.

Somebody probably just happened to stick a photo of it going up on twitter a few years ago and now every year a load of people moan about the tree.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I wasn't being entirely serious.

I expect that all trees that size in public squares have branches hammered into them to make them look half decent, I can't imagine there's a sensible way of transporting a tree from northern Norway to London (or any similar distance) that wouldn't either completely flatten it on one side or require branches to be cut off.

Somebody probably just happened to stick a photo of it going up on twitter a few years ago and now every year a load of people moan about the tree.
No worries.

I guess it does seem a bit ungrateful but poor tree did look a little sad - glad it has some prosthetic limbs now though - it looks much happier 😀

,Mithering?!’ 😂

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Ah, mithering. Not a word I'd ever heard of, before moving up north(ish).
I must admit I like it, and enjoy saying it when the occasion fits...
I mither a lot these days.

Especially on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here