Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Face masks / gloves...serious question

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have no idea where people are getting their masks form, or disposable gloves... I've absolutely no idea where you can get hand sanitiser either, if you are in the know I suppose they are Sitting on loads of it ?

Most garage’s are selling sanitiser, I’m filling up weekly at present and have been able to buy some every time , I need it as sometimes I handle luggage and bags into my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Most garage’s are selling sanitiser, I’m filling up weekly at present and have been able to buy some every time , I need it as sometimes I handle luggage and bags into my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, did not know this as I usually fill up at Adsa or Morrisons and use " pay at pump" !

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Try EBay . I bought some about 2 weeks ago, basic surgical type face masks Pack of 10 , took 5 days to arrive from China .

I often find e bay is quicker to send than amazon as they want 5 star feedback .

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I got an email from someone called Armada that offered me face masks, hand wash and sex toys. The next one I had from them was face masks, hand wash and conservatory furniture. The randomness of the "look - we are legit" items they add is always amusing.

I sent my order back:

PPE.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
I bought washable masks for the family from just-keepers.co.uk and they had stock earlier today.

There is a place at Thomas A Becket in Worthing advertising medical style masks at 10 for £9.99 which seemed very expensive.

I work for one of the biggest worldwide healthcare companies and our scientists have been telling us for weeks to wear masks when out shopping etc.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I have no idea where people are getting their masks form, or disposable gloves... I've absolutely no idea where you can get hand sanitiser either, if you are in the know I suppose they are Sitting on loads of it ?

Mark's and Spencer have had hand sanitiser on the shelves for a couple of weeks, standard and medium sized bottles. No restrictions or panic buying happening.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I bought washable masks for the family from just-keepers.co.uk and they had stock earlier today.

There is a place at Thomas A Becket in Worthing advertising medical style masks at 10 for £9.99 which seemed very expensive.

I work for one of the biggest worldwide healthcare companies and our scientists have been telling us for weeks to wear masks when out shopping etc.

Can’t find that site...there is a .com one but nothing comes up when i search for masks

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Don't forget, face masks don't protect the wearer, they protect others from the wearer.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don't forget, face masks don't protect the wearer, they protect others from the wearer.

Exactly, which is why they should be compulsory on public transport.

If someone coughs in your face when you are wearing one they have limited effect. If the person coughing is wearing one, it makes all the difference.

It's quite an easy message to get across, but the government have failed on this one.

Unless everyone is wearing one, I can't see the point.

However, if it gives people that extra bit of confidence (particularly the elderly) that's fine.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Oh - is that what that was?

The face masks and hand wash were great but after 2 days I had to email her back and ask for extra batteries for the thermometer.

An easy mistake to make. I just dug out the original email and she obviously fancied the exotically shaped one.

armada.png

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I sell a great deal of PPE to manufacturing Industry and there is almost ZERO to be had. There are only profiteering Joes who don't normally sell it advertising at 5x normal price and from dubious sources. I need 20000 a month for one customer alone and they use it in a normal scenario.
Gloves are even worse.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I sell a great deal of PPE to manufacturing Industry and there is almost ZERO to be had. There are only profiteering Joes who don't normally sell it advertising at 5x normal price and from dubious sources. I need 20000 a month for one customer alone and they use it in a normal scenario.
Gloves are even worse.

Ditto, i sell PPE through janitorial and hygiene distribution into all market sectors.

We use 3 different glove companies, all of whom have next to none.
out of one purchase order i’ve had outstanding since 3rd week april for 150,000 disposable gloves so far I’ve had 10,000.

Sanitiser is a nightmare! i’ve got 5lt cans but now can’t get refillable dispensers for it to go in. Lead times for those now being quoted 10 to 20 weeks. I had to turn down a customer order for 450 dispensers as makers wouldn’t commit to less than 30 weeks.
Im at last getting a pallet of 500ml bottles, hopefully tomorrow but have had to wait 6 weeks for that.

One international company, who likes Labrador puppies is saying no antibacterial soap or sanitiser into UK before October, if then.

I’ve at last got creditable paper face masks but had to pay, up front, 5 times normal cost! Rubbish around on internet but it ain’t always what it professes to be.

Polythene aprons, i normally have around 100-150 packs of 100 in stock anytime. I had none yesterday and today 10 pack arrived.

I can only see this getting worse because as the unlock starts to unfold customers will probably expect to phone their supplier and it be readily available - it won’t be.

Customers, understandably, have not ordered anything owing to shutdowns and not wanting to spend anything. The sensible ones will have already been placing orders so that if they have to wait a month for goods to come into stock will be heading towards top of the queue.

Supply chains can’t cope with current world demands let alone when everywhere opens up and advice to everyone is wear gloves etc etc

Going to be interesting times ahead!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Yep, I work for a pharmaceutical company, and we are worried about regular routine supply of PPE. We get through a constant requirement of gloves and masks. Masks are more permanent, with disposable filters, or powered respirators, but even getting supplies of the permanent stuff is getting harder. Can envisage us having to stop producing, and we supply 5 key medicines for the Covid pandemic? It is a worry.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

Try independent Brewers or Distillers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here