Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Youth Cup

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
The Brighton Under 18 Youth team won 6-0 at Woking this evening.

Dean Cox scored 2, one from 25 yards into the top corner. Jake Robinson also scored 2 - he has now scored 24 this season (including friendlies) The others were scored by Lee Carey and Wes Fogden.

They will now face Manchester City (away) in the next round.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well done!

How many games are they from the final?

I once went to watch Crystal Palace vs Man Utd in the FA Youth Cup Final because I know one of the Palace players.

The Utd team had Scholes, Savage, Giggs, Neville, Butt, Beckham, David Johnson of Nottm Forest and loads of other good players.

Only time I have ever wanted Palace to win.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Fran Hagarty said:
Jake Robinson also scored 2 - he has now scored 24 this season (including friendlies) .

I wonder who has been counting.....

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
The club could try and make some money out of this, I know it's only a Youth Cup match but they could sell tickets to see it, surely it's worth a try

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
With that sort of strike rate (more than a goal a game by my reckoning) why ffs is Jakey not playing for the first team. he clearly knows where the goal is which is more than can be said for the rest of our forwards.

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
ShorehamGull said:
The club could try and make some money out of this, I know it's only a Youth Cup match but they could sell tickets to see it, surely it's worth a try

Think you will find the stripes are away to Manchester City

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Fran Hagarty said:
The Brighton Under 18 Youth team won 6-0 at Woking this evening.

Dean Cox scored 2, one from 25 yards into the top corner. Jake Robinson also scored 2 - he has now scored 24 this season (including friendlies) The others were scored by Lee Carey and Wes Fogden.

They will now face Manchester City (away) in the next round.

I played in the same team as Lee Carey. We both played upfront for Little Common U11's-u13's !! he was quality then !!

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
I went along tonight and we looked very good indeed, I was surprised how good to be honest.

Woking had nothing in answer to the Albion and Cox's 25 yard goal was superb.

Solid side all the way through the team. Jake got better as the game went on and it could have been 10 really.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Execellent result!!

Prehaps we may have some new Silverware to grace the trophy cabinet this year. :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here