Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup v Stoke early thoughts

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
As it's my first away game of the season I hope we play as decent as team as we can possibly field. I see the Europa and FA Cups as our only chance of glory this season.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Difficult decision for RDZ - but I think he does value the FA Cup - hence his reminder in his post match interview to Jonathan Pearce last night that we made the semi final last year !

I think we will field our strongest team - our next match isnt until 22nd January against Wolves - so plenty of rest.

Also we’ve been lucky over the Xmas period with our games being quite spread out - 7 days between Palace and Spurs - 5 days between Spurs and West Ham.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Under no circumstances none whatsoever will defeat be acceptable. Dont care how but we MUST repeat MUST win this.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The break after this is at the right time. West Ham I’ve almost written off but it’ll be nearly 4 weeks until the Wolves game. Go with a team to win this one but I’m not complaining at the lack of games - rest and recoup for the injured. Pretty chilled now after last night.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Play the kids, with a couple of experienced players, keeping a strong bench of reserves.
Another not actually investing money and a lot of time to attend a match, who thinks it’s fine for the club to not take it seriously.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
The break after this is at the right time. West Ham I’ve almost written off but it’ll be nearly 4 weeks until the Wolves game. Go with a team to win this one but I’m not complaining at the lack of games - rest and recoup for the injured. Pretty chilled now after last night.
Pretty chilled, i like that a lot, sums up my feelings about the Stoke game very well.
I am more worried about the weather and getting there on the trains than the team that is selected. An hour before kick off i will look at the selection and if it is mostly development players i will think good, a chance for us to see them perform against good opposition in front of a fair sized crowd. If it is mostly first team regulars i will think good, we can win and progress in another cup competition. If it is a mixture of both i will think good, development players gaining invaluable guidance from more senior pros with us hopefully getting a result.
Also whatever selection is put out i will get behind them and try to lift the team to victory. (so long as avanti and southern have played their part!)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I’m hoping for a really strong team (as far as injuries allow), but with one or two new young ones.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Agree with the sentiment totally @Sheebo, although it’s actually just under 3 weeks between WH and Wolves - I hope and think we’ll go as strong as we can at Stoke but won’t risk any with injury niggles - the defence is probably the biggest concern injury wise

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Of which there are none.
There are for the 3rd and 4th round this season. The plan is to get rid of them from the 3rd round onwards from the 24-25 season.

Edit - apologies i see the point has already been made.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
REPLAY
I'm right in thinking there will be a replay if the game is drawn.
With round 4 on the 27th I guess said replay will be week of 16th to 18th of January.
I also presume that with the winter break between the 8th Jan to 20th Jan the club will up sticks and go to a warmer climate.
So if we, or indeed any of the EPL clubs, have to play a game during the winter break what's the use of having a break other than getting a weekend off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here