Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup third round replays

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
After the Ajax game in Amsterdam we went back to the Grasshopper pub and was chatting to Jonathan Pearce who had been watching the game as a fan with his son.
When chatting to him he told me he's actually a Bristol City fan.
I've just spotted that on BBC1 he commentating on his team against West Ham tonight, and they've just taken an early lead.

It will be interesting to see how neutral he can remain.
He came across as a very nice polite person.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Great excitement locally about the Eastleigh v Newport game, with the dangling carrot of a home tie with Manchester United in R4.

The club have been BESIEGED with enquiries about tickets for 'the United game' - which more than likely won't actually happen!
I went to the Southend game on Saturday. I’ve rarely seen a team so disinterested in a league game! 😂 Their performance was tepid to say the least. Hill was more concerned about players getting sent off and being suspended tonight apparently too. I always enjoy going to the Silverlake but Saturday was a tough watch.

My lad actually supplied the best quality of the day on that pitch by putting one in the top corner from far out in the kids exhibition match at half time. The crowd actually made a collective ‘oooh’ appreciation sound when it went in! I lived my dreams through my kid it’s fair to say at that point! I played to a relatively high standard but never scored a goal like that in front of nearly 3,000 fans!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is this BCFC v WHUFC literally the only match being televised? Nothing anywhere else it seems.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
After the Ajax game in Amsterdam we went back to the Grasshopper pub and was chatting to Jonathan Pearce who had been watching the game as a fan with his son.
When chatting to him he told me he's actually a Bristol City fan.
I've just spotted that on BBC1 he commentating on his team against West Ham tonight, and they've just taken an early lead.

It will be interesting to see how neutral he can remain.
He came across as a very nice polite person.
The co-commentator sounds like chef Tom Kerridge

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Jimmy Grimble

Is it me or is the crowd noise muffled?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here