Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup quarter final v Grimsby Sun 19th March 2.15

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ah, being mothers day, I bought tickets for all three of us in the Psycho family and booked a meal at 6pm in town (in case of extra time)
My daughter was initially reluctant to go (I bought the tickets anyway) as I found out she was worried that if we lost I would spoil mothers day.

I had to have a chat with her on the school drop, about this is a historic day for us and Grimsby Towns, and that I would rather lose to Grimsby than a Manchester side at Wembley, it would be a great story for them and I would not feel bitter if they beat us......

when she got out of the car, I had to slap myself, I felt dirty that I had lied to my daughter.
Yeah I’ve had the lecture that I can’t spoil Mother’s Day whatever the result. Also been told I’m only allowed one pint!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Ah, being mothers day, I bought tickets for all three of us in the Psycho family and booked a meal at 6pm in town (in case of extra time)
My daughter was initially reluctant to go (I bought the tickets anyway) as I found out she was worried that if we lost I would spoil mothers day.

I had to have a chat with her on the school drop, about this is a historic day for us and Grimsby Towns, and that I would rather lose to Grimsby than a Manchester side at Wembley, it would be a great story for them and I would not feel bitter if they beat us......

when she got out of the car, I had to slap myself, I felt dirty that I had lied to my daughter.
Hilarious. Thanks for the chuckle.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Re-arranged to Mothering Saturday and made a different excuse

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I love that we are playing a side for whom this really matters and they are going to make the most of it.. so should we. Its going to be a great footballing day and the story will be GTFC whatever happens, and that's the way it should be..
It will be a fantastic occasion for all, I hope.

I think the consensus amongst Town fans is that this game isn’t quite the biggest in our history (we’ve been to semi-finals in the distant past and it’s hard to compare any FA Cup match to a non-league play-off final), but that a win, however unlikely, absolutely would be our biggest of all time, all things considered.

It is, I have to say, refreshing to be playing a match on this stage against top opposition to whom this isn’t ‘just another game’. I’ll be in Brighton from Friday, and it can’t come soon enough.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Do hope this Elton John Classic is belted out before the game. :lolol: Yes I know EJ is Watford but Bernie Taupin was a Grimsby Boy....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here