Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup QF Draw Wed 1.3.23

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Are
I'm pretty sure it can't be 5.30 on the Saturday, as Sky has Chelsea v Everton live. And obvs they won't have both Manchester teams at home on the same day. So my guess would be Man City v Burnley on Saturday lunchtime, then the three other games on the Sunday (as they did last year).
Isn't one going to be on the Friday evening? Not us, obviously?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This.

I would go LARGE on us being the early game on the Sunday. Enough time for the trains to unf**k themselves, perfect TV appetizer for the Man U game after and those of us who were sensible enough to do Mothering Sunday bargaining already, based on us originally playing United at 2pm on that day won't have to change our domestic arrangements :)
I had already decided to put my Man Utd ticket on the exchange on 19th, because I could've watched it from my daughter's on tv.

An FA cup game is different. Maybe if it is an early game, I could go afterwards and have Sunday roast at 5pm?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I remember Clive Mendonca playing for them . Probably the last last time I saw them.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I wonder if they'll need to open the upper tiers for this one?
I’m sorry, but if we don’t sell this one out then we are rather tin pot IMO.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
On the f.a cup theme, has anyone pointed out what an incredible season both Burnley and Sheff utd are having? They're both strolling their way to promotion back to the premier league and are both in the f.a cup quarter finals with Sheff Utd having a genuinely realistic chance of an f.a cup semi.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just seen that with Utd being drawn at home again, that now equals the record of being drawn at home in 10 consecutive domestic cup ties :eek:
All a little fishy, although I may have posted this on the wrong thread :wink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The one time that I can't do will be Sunday lunchtime ... so that's clearly when it will be

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The one time that I can't do will be Sunday lunchtime ... so that's clearly when it will be
Last year the k.o times were 12.30, 3pm and 6pm. The least attractive of the three fixtures was the lunchtime one. I think you can easily argue that Sheff Utd v Blackburn is the least attractive this year, so my guess is that will be the lunchtime fixture. Given the distance Grimsby fans have to travel, I'd be very surprised if ours ended up as the 6pm ko (although obvs they had to play at Southampton last night, at a later time, with further to travel). So - if I were a betting man, I'd go for 3pm on Sunday. I have absolutely no inside info, by the way!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It can only be Sunday, surely?

The Man City and Utd games are the first two TV picks. Man Utd play on Thursday which rules on Friday or Saturday for them, so they will play Sunday meaning City will play Saturday.

That leaves the Friday night slot or a second Sunday game, but we play Palace on Wednesday, so that rules out Friday.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
There is no game on the Friday, all this confusion has been caused by the BBC when making the draw saying the dates of 17,18 and 19th. No team can play on the 17th, plus there’s also live PL game that evening. It’s likely 2 Saturday (1 deffo Man City, probably Sheff Utd) and 2 Sunday (deffo Man United, probably us) but it could be 1 Sat and 3 Sun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here