[Football] FA Cup fourth round replay / Premier League 7-8/2/23

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Grimsby 3-0 up at half-time

@Poojah must be happy
Saw it out somehow. Spent the entire second half camped in our own half but Luton huffed, puffed, but couldn’t blow our house down.

Looking forward to a trip to Stains, now! Seems mad to say it but we’ve beaten sides in every division above us, barring the PL, to get this far - I fancy us.

See you in the quarters?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Saw it out somehow. Spent the entire second half camped in our own half but Luton huffed, puffed, but couldn’t blow our house down.

Looking forward to a trip to Stains, now! Seems mad to say it but we’ve beaten sides in every division above us, barring the PL, to get this far - I fancy us.

See you in the quarters?
Best of luck there, but I have to say that PL levels are very different from even most teams in the Championship. Stains are a basket case of course, but I'd be shocked if they don't win by at least 2.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Best of luck there, but I have to say that PL levels are very different from even most teams in the Championship. Stains are a basket case of course, but I'd be shocked if they don't win by at least 2.
Of course, but it happens. Stevenage knocked out Aston Villa in the previous round, for instance.

Just hoping Nathan Jones manages to hang on until then. If there’s any disgruntlement behind the scenes, what better way to get shot of him without doing further harm to your PL prospects than phoning one in?

It’s a massive long shot I know. We haven’t made the FA Cup QF since 1939. Financially it would be massive for us.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Detest Man Ure, and I think they're a different side missing their new holding midfielder but a part of me will grin over my glass of red should they win tonight.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Did the BBC1 commentator for Sunderland v Fulham do any research given he is repeatedly saying Duffy is on loan from Brighton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Utds new midfielder has a suspiciously Leedsy hairdo.

12 v 10 - are Utd now catchable?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I think Grimsby have got more than a fighting chance. Saints have to concentrate on the league, their fans hate their own manager and they're playing like a Championship side. Just a shame for Grimsby fans that it's not a weekend game - wonder how many they'll bring?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Shocking diving from Manchester United. Leeds already lost two to injury.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Ayling(!) has embarrassed Garnacho that first half. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player dive so much in one half of football - and this is a team with Fernandes on the pitch.

Leeds look so much better already. That said, I don’t think United could be much worse and were booed off.

Next goal wins it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here