Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup Fourth Round Draw - Albion will play Swansea City or Arsenal at the Amex

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I can't see how United at home to either Fulham or Blackpool and Luton away to Norwich could be seen by either ITV or ESPN as more appealing than our tie. If United were drawn away and Luton at home then maybe

ITV (Advert supported) will pick the biggest supported club in the World 1st pick every time for the rest of history

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Doubt it, whilst Arsenal might bring an extra 1,500 compared to Newcastle, can't expect people who could not afford to watch us against Newcastle to find the money for Arsenal, and many people will be skint as near the end of the month. The Albion are not going to reduce prices, so probably about 23,800.

Might???
Arsenal will sell all 4,000 entitlement & another 6,000 it goes on open sale

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It's ITV and ESPN, they could not give a shit about the romance of the cup, it's just viewing figures that matter.

And the romance of the cup might encourage more to watch the game on TV than if it was a Championship club vs a top flight club such as the Albion vs Swansea

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps you could get the allotment AGM moved for TV!

Impossible as there are too any oldies who are not interested in football only the odd shaped ball or cricket I would stand more chance approaching either the TV companies or FA or reluctantly miss the AGM and send wife in my place.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Doubt it, whilst Arsenal might bring an extra 1,500 compared to Newcastle, can't expect people who could not afford to watch us against Newcastle to find the money for Arsenal, and many people will be skint as near the end of the month. The Albion are not going to reduce prices, so probably about 23,800.

I cannot agree i think it will be the first genuine sellout totally rammed,remember 1988 the clamour for tickets will be immense,whatever the price...

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Am I right in thinking that the visitors are entitled to 15% of the capacity if they can sell the tickets? Therefore if It's Arsenal could they potentially bring 4500? Which I guess would fill the south stand and maybe part of the East (south).
It's also a big advantage to us that both Swansea and Arsenal have midweek games in both of the previous two weeks, including a league cup semi-final for Swansea against Chelsea on the previous Wednesday.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Should have beaten them too

A_8RQy0CcAA4jMH.jpg

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
i wish it was the other way around away to arsenal or swansea

You'd rather travel 250 miles each way to see us get dicked on at Swansea? I think you're on your own....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here