[Albion] FA Cup Fifth Round 28/2 - 1/3/23

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

TUESDAY 28TH FEBRUARY​

Stoke City v Brighton & Hove Albion (19:15) - ITV4
Leicester City v Blackburn Rovers (19:30) - BBC Red Button / iPlayer / BBC Sport website
Fulham v Leeds United (20:00) - BBC1
Bristol City v Manchester City (20:00) - ITV1

WEDNESDAY 1ST MARCH​

Southampton v Grimsby Town (19:15) - ITV4
Burnley v Fleetwood Town (19:30) - BBC Red Button / iPlayer / BBC Sport website
Manchester United v West Ham United (19:45) - ITV1
Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur (19:55)- BBC1

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So crap this being mid-week, its the new League Cup

Is this a one off for season 22/23 because of the WC or will this be the usual from now?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
2 cup shocks for me.
Blackburn to beat Leicester and Sheffield United to beat Tottenham.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Huge game and huge chance. Want that Liverpool game to mean a deserved trip to Welmbley - that and completely dismantling a very good and in form Championship side away merit a trip to Wembley if we can do the business Tuesday and get a kind draw in the quarters. Enjoy the ride 👍

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm probably tempting fate here, but am looking at those fixtures and trying to think who I'd like us to be drawn against in the next round. Preference would be the winners of Stains v Grimsby and Burnley v Fleetwood.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Huge game and huge chance. Want that Liverpool game to mean a deserved trip to Welmbley - that and completely dismantling a very good and in form Championship side away merit a trip to Wembley if we can do the business Tuesday and get a kind draw in the quarters. Enjoy the ride 👍
Correct.

We've only progressed to the sixth round of the FA Cup four times in our entire history...

1983 - progressed to final, losing to Man Utd
1986 - lost 2-0 at home to Southampton
2018 - lost 2-0 away to Man Utd
2019 - progressed to the semi-final, losing to Man City

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Big away following for the Albion by the looks of it. And Stoke are shite.

It's got Charlton away written all over it.
The Charlton game is a humbling reminder that our fans and RDZ turn to. Plenty of positives actually came out that horrible evening.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Correct.

We've only progressed to the sixth round of the FA Cup four times in our entire history...

It’s Man Utd in the next round for us or Stoke isn’t it!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So crap this being mid-week, its the new League Cup

Is this a one off for season 22/23 because of t2he WC or will this be the usual from now?
Not sure but think it was done due to the world cup. Last season finished 22nd May and this season is due to finish a week later on 28th May. Next season gets back to a little normality starting on 12th August and finishing on 19th May. We'll have to wait and see if they stick with the midweek 5th round.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
You can only beat what's in front of you. Given our performances of late you have to think that we have as much chance of winning the thing as the bookies favourites have.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Correct.

Not a glorious record in the FA Cup - but judging by that (and I know it's a small data set) we're in a golden age for the Albion.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Correct.

That 1986 game was a first "big game" for me with my schoolmates rather than with an accompanying adult. Was in the North Stand by about 1.30 with the atmosphere building all afternoon, despite a strange absence of Saints fans. Then, suddenly, they all poured into the away end to a rousing chorus of "who the ****ing hell are you?".

The match itself I don't think we were ever in. I've just looked up the lineup and they had Shilton in goal, a certain Jimmy Case in midfield and one Andy Townsend on the bench.

Anyway, let's hope for better luck against a red and white striped oppo tomorrow. As @Simster correctly points out Stoke are shit, therefore we'll have our work cut out.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
We haven't beaten Stoke away in a very long time, just hope our players won't be complacent as this is a tricky tie to get through. All it needs is for them to play for penalties or try and score from a set piece and we could be out! Anyway I'm sure after Charlton we will treat this tie with the respect it deserves.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Big away following for the Albion by the looks of it. And Stoke are shite.

It's got Charlton away written all over it.
The boss wasnt happy for some time after the Charlton debacle and the players should also be angry after the last two results…. I’ve never been more confident of a result since the Fulham game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here