Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup: Eastbourne Borough V Oxford United

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Goring Gull said:
Can't think of many places i'd rather go less - Stoke is a damn awful place. Bound to bl00dy loose as well.

Yes but id rather watch Brighton with a day on the beer than Watch Eastbourne

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Orange Seagull said:
Got my ticket yesterday.Only a tenner!

Anyone else going?

:wave:
got mine last night... numbered 1778... don't know if that represents the number sold so far... Oxford could bring quite a few down so 3,000+ crowd looks certain... (i've got the Herald's "Come on Boro!" poster up in my front window - Cup Fever has hit the town...)

KinkyGoebels said:
Yes but id rather watch Brighton with a day on the beer than Watch Eastbourne

Spurs non-alert :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
Albion Dan said:
What aggro at the Eastbourne match? Are you taking the piss?

Have heard that a large group of Oxford undesirables are making a weekend of it down there!

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
The Keeper said:
Have heard that a large group of Oxford undesirables are making a weekend of it down there!

are they arriving on bicycles, as this seems to be the main mode of transport there?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I played in a tournament at Langley Sports a few years back. Eastbourne borough are now Lanley sports and I can vouch for the locals we met around the ground round there they can handle themselves - I think Oxford might be better off behaving

Stinky Kat said:
I played in a tournament at Langley Sports a few years back. Eastbourne borough are now Lanley sports and I can vouch for the locals we met around the ground round there they can handle themselves - I think Oxford might be better off behaving

Two attempts and still not right! :lolol: Not Langley or Lanley!

Langney Sports became Eastbourne Borough a few years ago to attract sponsorship - being known as Eastbourne is more desirable as people know where Eastbourne is - no one outside of the area knows where Langney is.

I doubt there will be any trouble but I'm intrigued to know how they will segregate fans as there are (to my knowledge) only one set of turnstiles. (Ex Goldstone I believe)

Anyway, off to get my ticket tonight! :clap2:

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
The Great Cornholio said:

Langney Sports became Eastbourne Borough a few years ago to attract sponsorship - being known as Eastbourne is more desirable as people know where Eastbourne is - no one outside of the area knows where Langney is.

I doubt there will be any trouble but I'm intrigued to know how they will segregate fans as there are (to my knowledge) only one set of turnstiles. (Ex Goldstone I believe)

Nice little shopping precint down the road, it makes London Road look like Bond Street :lolol:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003

bravo tgc :clap:

in their defence though, when i grew up in hampden park, we used to have to walk along pigs lane to get to Langney but we called it Langley (probably out of laziness cause its easier to pronounce :rolleyes: )

hampden park said:
bravo tgc :clap:

in their defence though, when i grew up in hampden park, we used to have to walk along pigs lane to get to Langney but we called it Langley (probably out of laziness cause its easier to pronounce :rolleyes: )

Most people say Langley - the same as most people say West Ham. As you say Langney is more difficult to pronounce and laziness sets in. And only posh people (And train announcers) call Westham Westhum.

I wonder if they will change as in days of old. Kingston is just a corruption of Kings Town.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Most people say Langley - the same as most people say West Ham. As you say Langney is more difficult to pronounce and laziness sets in. And only posh people (And train announcers) call Westham Westhum.

I wonder if they will change as in days of old. Kingston is just a corruption of Kings Town.

my aunt used to live at pevensey and westham and i often got the train to go and baby sit for her. instead of asking for a ticket to p&w i used to ask for the 'stop before pevensey bay' :rolleyes: :lolol:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Stinky Kat said:

Blimey you make it sound like the Bronx! I live 3 mins walk from the ground and can vouch for the fact that its a very respectable residential area of mainly bungalows inhabited by old biddies! The scariest thing in the grond might just be the ghost of Mick Green!

As for the question of "what if" some Oxford goons came looking for trouble the only conceivable opposition might come from the Shinewater or Kingsmere estates if they got wind that a scrap was being offered.

Personally i think the biggest concern might just be crowd safety with so many people crammed into a small ground.

Either way i'm making the effort to lend my support but of course the big game is at Stoke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here