Living In a Box
Prefer PV as a new ground

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Neither are new ones for me.

Logistically Plymouth travel organising would be easier.

Port Vale when we won the league under Peter Taylor was one of the most unpleasant experiences of all time. Not sure what got into the locals that day, but it wasn't goodwill to all men.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Port Vale when we won the league under Peter Taylor was one of the most unpleasant experiences of all time. Not sure what got into the locals that day, but it wasn't goodwill to all men.

I remember it well.

We were in Stoke by 9am, when we got to Burlslem (sp), the locals wanted to fight and the police seemed intent on Section 60ing everyone.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Will I be starting the thread..when is it?

Before then Birmingham and who else...would have been Leeds at home...at least they got a tonking...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Very unpleasant place plus Plymouth has a larger away end.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

What happened? I parked near the ground in a ghetto type area, enjoyed the celebrations after with Dick Knight and Martin Perry in the crowd and walked back quietly to the car. The football mob had gone and there were only Asians about.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I remember it well.

We were in Stoke by 9am, when we got to Burlslem (sp), the locals wanted to fight and the police seemed intent on Section 60ing everyone.

Me too, it's the only time I've ever been stopped by a copper for a random search. I said to him "Do you know who I am", flashed by NSC Mod lanyard, and he waved me away with a cheery smile.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What happened? I parked near the ground in a ghetto type area, enjoyed the celebrations after with Dick Knight and Martin Perry in the crowd and walked back quietly to the car. The football mob had gone and there were only Asians about.

Parked about a mile from the ground, and had to walk back past two pubs full of locals who were smashed before the game, and up for a scrap with anyone after it. The men weren't much friendlier. It kicked off in town after the game, lots of Vale picking on scarfers and those in fancy dress. Well out of order, don't they know the RULES?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Me too, it's the only time I've ever been stopped by a copper for a random search. I said to him "Do you know who I am", flashed by NSC Mod lanyard, and he waved me away with a cheery smile.

Mod lanyards??..... no wonder Darren needs advertising revenue, staff perks, this has the whiff of bankers bonuses.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mod lanyards??..... no wonder Darren needs advertising revenue, staff perks, this has the whiff of bankers bonuses.

During serious binfests we normally get coked out of our heads, all paid for from Amazon royalties.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

You're not wrong, depressing place full of nasty little scrotes. A gang of 15/16 year olds tried to take me, my brother and my dad on outside after the game. They seemed utterly apoplectic when we just laughed at them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here