Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup 3rd Rnd FCUM v Man Utd 400-1

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
400-1 that FCUM will draw Man Utd in FA Cup 3rd Round.

Heard this on Talksport yesterday, think it was either Corals or Paddy Power.

Must be worth a flutter..........

:albion1:

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Save your money, there's a reason it's 400-1

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I'd say that's good value. Assume FC United are 4/1 to qualify for the next round and they can only draw 71 different teams.....I would say even 300/1 is good value.
Obviously it entirely depends whether you think 4/1 is good value to progress to the next round or not!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's a lousy bet if you ask me - given that it's 63-1 on any team drawing another, that means that the bookie reckons that FCU are 6-1 to beat Brighton. I know we stumbled through the Woking game but FCU are further down the league ladder than Woking and have to travel further.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
That's a lousy bet if you ask me - given that it's 63-1 on any team drawing another, that means that the bookie reckons that FCU are 6-1 to beat Brighton. I know we stumbled through the Woking game but FCU are further down the league ladder than Woking and have to travel further.

Woking were only about 4/1 to qualify for the next round before the game last Saturday!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Woking were only about 4/1 to qualify for the next round before the game last Saturday!

Well, that's a lousy bet. Ebbsfleet are 3-1 at home to Wimbledon. The gap between Brighton and FCU must be more than three times the gap between Ebbsfleet and AFC - and FCU don't even have home advantage. And if the bookies think that's only a point difference in the betting they're going to have to whistle for their money.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, that's a lousy bet. Ebbsfleet are 3-1 at home to Wimbledon. The gap between Brighton and FCU must be more than three times the gap between Ebbsfleet and AFC - and FCU don't even have home advantage. And if the bookies think that's only a point difference in the betting they're going to have to whistle for their money.

You are confusing the very different odds to WIN and the odds to QUALIFY.

If you'd bet on Brighton to WIN last night, for example, you'd have lost your money.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You are confusing the very different odds to WIN and the odds to QUALIFY.

If you'd bet on Brighton to WIN last night, for example, you'd have lost your money.

That's true but I don't think that the difference warrants so little leeway on the betting.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
we're going to hammer fc united. have you seen how far down the pyramid they play... woking would expect to batter them let alone the leaders of league 1.

will be a huge anti climax for the over-excitable fc united fans, as they lose 4.0 at a cold, wet and miserable withdean in front of 4,500.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
we're going to hammer fc united. have you seen how far down the pyramid they play... woking would expect to batter them let alone the leaders of league 1.

will be a huge anti climax for the over-excitable fc united fans, as they lose 4.0 at a cold, wet and miserable withdean in front of 4,500.

Just like Rochdale who are in the same Division as us.......failed to do. In fact, they lost.

redjonnyreb

Nov 17, 2010

HaHa! they'll be no anti climax Les! we're expecting to get smacked!
we'll be there to give the lads all the support they need, and if you
think being cold, wet and miserable is gonna worry us, then you
obviously haven't been to glossop north end on a freezing cold wet february
night!!! :lolol:
and as I mentioned to a couple of rochdale fans! we've got nothing to lose
Banana skin? :thumbsup:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
HaHa! they'll be no anti climax Les! we're expecting to get smacked!
we'll be there to give the lads all the support they need, and if you
think being cold, wet and miserable is gonna worry us, then you
obviously haven't been to glossop north end on a freezing cold wet february
night!!! :lolol:
and as I mentioned to a couple of rochdale fans! we've got nothing to lose
Banana skin? :thumbsup:

no, i've never been to Glossop North End on a February evening. Hope you enjoy your trip down to Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here